Engine Building & Overhauling All you ever wanted to know about building and rebuilding engines in here! Remember to post your model-specific questions in the correct section.

4.3L swap to a v8?

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2011, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.3L swap to a v8?

i have a 2001 blazer extreme and want to swap to a v8. what will fit with minium work and money?
Old April 18th, 2015, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jake32a my name is John - Hi from New Zealand. I have a 2001 Blazer that someone had previously done some engine work on and left an intake manifold bolt in the the engine somewhere. Two months ago the extra bolt found its way between a piston and the counter balance on the crank. It blew a 20mm hole in the sump and destroyed a piston. Anyway I am looking at putting a V8 Vortec to replace the engine. Did you get any help from anyone. I have a Chevy expert hear in NZ that is looking out for a Vortec between the years 96 and 99 he tells me it is the best swap as the current computer will run the new transplant. You just need the exhaust manifolds and the loom and move the Radiator forward to make room for the extra cylinders. still doing the research. Let me know if you have other info