Engine Building & Overhauling All you ever wanted to know about building and rebuilding engines in here! Remember to post your model-specific questions in the correct section.

First full engine build. Need help.

Old October 16th, 2017, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First full engine build. Need help.

To start I have some basic knowledge in engine building but no genius or expert by no means. The motor I'm building is for a hobby and won't be "top of the line" There for please leave negative comments out of topic, I am trying to learn. Thank you.

I am building a 350 SBC for a stock car in dirt track racing. Everything is pretty much stock but new. New crank, Flat top pistons, timing chain, oil pump, .509 lift cam. ETC. I'm going with the 062 Vortec heads. The bottom end of the motor is complete and I'm am now working on the heads. Where my problem is, is I'm trying to figure out what size valve spring, push rods to use. Would you recommend any special rocker arms as well besides the stock ones I'm currently using? I am currently stuck and in a bind on this spot and hope to get some help from you guys. Thanks in advance for any help or advise! I also attached a copy of my current cam card as well.

Search this Thread