Engine Building & Overhauling All you ever wanted to know about building and rebuilding engines in here! Remember to post your model-specific questions in the correct section.

need help with my 350 build

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2011, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with my 350 build

Hey guys well im not a chev guy but im helpin out a buddy with his truck its a 81 350 un a half ton a while ago the head gasket went now we are gonna bbe startin the build soon. Right now as the engine sits its got a factory 4 barrel intake with headers and exhaust not to sure of wat make the headers are. But ive been doin research and aquired a free set of vortec heads off a 96+ to wat i beleive 088 block
The plan with the heads is to do a port and polish of the exhaust runners. With also the research that ive done is that theres not much to do there besides reshaping the valve stem area and remove the cast roughness i also am getting perfomance valves from summit racing. My one qeustion about the v

ortec heads is that how much lift can it handle stock

The cam were thinking of running is compcams dual energy 12-208-2
And then we will be running edelbrocks carb vortec intake thinkin about a airgap intake too butyea what do you guys think