Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

“No Music Files Found” Error Message in Equinox

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2018, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default “No Music Files Found” Error Message in Equinox

I drive a 2017 Chevrolet Equinox and I’ve had no issues with it since I got it about 10 months ago. I always use my phone to play music with Apple Music via a USB cord that plugs into the console. About 3 weeks ago, when I plugged my phone in, a notification popped up on the screen of the car saying “No Music Files Found.” I clicked “Okay” on the screen and the message went away and took me back to XM radio. I’ve tested other cords, which nothing changes with. I’ve tested other phones, which work perfectly with the car. I contacted Apple Support and they had me update my phone, which didn’t work, and then reset my entire phone, which still didn’t work. I can play music from the phone, but if I adjust the volume with the volume ****, go into reverse, or clear the message notification, the music stops and it goes back to XM radio. Two of my friends who also drive Equinoxes (2015 and 2017) said that the same thing has been happening to them. I can’t use the bluetooth music option in my car because I don’t have that feature. I feel like I’ve tried everything, what should I do?
Old September 30th, 2018, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the exact same problem with my 2014 Equinox and iPhone 6s. I've tried all the different fixes I've found online and none of them work. My husband's iPhone 6 works in the Equinox, no problem, so I'm assuming it's my phone. I did a full erase and reset of the phone but that didn't work. Now I'm going to start removing apps and music from Apple Music to see if something that I added to the phone is conflicting with Mylink. If you find a solution please share. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
OHHEY (June 28th, 2019)
Old December 14th, 2018, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Hi all! I had this problem as well with my iPhone 7 starting in September. I kept getting that darn “no music files” message when plugged into USB and when not plugged in, I had to keep resetting my Bluetooth connection. I took my 2015 Equinox to my dealership and the tech’s phone worked, so he just shrugged it off. After messing around with it over the past two days (resetting phone, vehicle settings, downloading new songs, etc with no luck) I got my USB and Bluetooth working again by going to Config: Radio Settings: software versions menu: clear and reset radio. After the reset, everything is working again and my radio presets weren’t erased! I hope this helps someone. Cheers!
The following 6 users liked this post by Carl K:
buttersaber (May 6th, 2022), Equinox 2010 never again (March 13th, 2023), j.jean.w (August 29th, 2022), Miss Fierce (March 22nd, 2021), RachelJ (March 16th, 2022), unlimited7777 (February 10th, 2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old May 16th, 2019, 6:49 PM
wjl
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Carl, THANKS! I had the same problem on my 2017 and your fixed worked great. The dealers should read this site and get up to date on how to fix stuff LOL!!

(fix was Config: Radio Settings: software versions menu: clear and reset radio)
The following 2 users liked this post by wjl:
Equinox 2010 never again (March 13th, 2023), unlimited7777 (February 10th, 2022)
Old June 4th, 2019, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Yes. This.

This fix worked perfectly on my 2013 Camaro. Only wish I’d found it sooner.

Originally Posted by Carl K

Hi all! I had this problem as well with my iPhone 7 starting in September. I kept getting that darn “no music files” message when plugged into USB and when not plugged in, I had to keep resetting my Bluetooth connection. I took my 2015 Equinox to my dealership and the tech’s phone worked, so he just shrugged it off. After messing around with it over the past two days (resetting phone, vehicle settings, downloading new songs, etc with no luck) I got my USB and Bluetooth working again by going to Config: Radio Settings: software versions menu: clear and reset radio. After the reset, everything is working again and my radio presets weren’t erased! I hope this helps someone. Cheers!
Old July 1st, 2019, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default It worked !

This worked for my GMC Terrain as well thanks so much !!

Old August 10th, 2019, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default Worked for me August 10,2019

This is worked perfectly! Thank you!

Old September 19th, 2019, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Tried it but didn’t work

Sounds like it worked for everybody’s but mine! I have the 2014 flavor Equinox... I followed all the steps exactly (twice when it didn’t work the first time), and even shut off the car, opened the door (to make the radio turn off), started it again.... and nada. So weird bc this just started happening yesterday - worked perfectly fine up to then (except the annoyance of every time I try to turn up the volume for anything other than the songs on my phone (Audible app, YouTube, etc), it cuts back to the songs on the phone, which also drives me crazy).
Old November 25th, 2019, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ugh resetting the radio didn’t work for me

I tried resetting the radio multiple times & it’s still not working for me!!
Old May 29th, 2021, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cannot Play iPhone music in car

I have the same issue. I am questioning if it’s because I’ve upgraded my iPhone to a newer version and if my Terrain is compatible.

QUOTE=barelyjake;357785]
I drive a 2017 Chevrolet Equinox and I’ve had no issues with it since I got it about 10 months ago. I always use my phone to play music with Apple Music via a USB cord that plugs into the console. About 3 weeks ago, when I plugged my phone in, a notification popped up on the screen of the car saying “No Music Files Found.” I clicked “Okay” on the screen and the message went away and took me back to XM radio. I’ve tested other cords, which nothing changes with. I’ve tested other phones, which work perfectly with the car. I contacted Apple Support and they had me update my phone, which didn’t work, and then reset my entire phone, which still didn’t work. I can play music from the phone, but if I adjust the volume with the volume ****, go into reverse, or clear the message notification, the music stops and it goes back to XM radio. Two of my friends who also drive Equinoxes (2015 and 2017) said that the same thing has been happening to them. I can’t use the bluetooth music option in my car because I don’t have that feature. I feel like I’ve tried everything, what should I do?
[/QUOTE]