Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

05 equinox lurching forward

Old November 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 equinox lurching forward

Hello. I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox FWD. I obtained it from CarMax in June 2007 and have approximately 25k in miles on it. It is due for an oil change and possibly new brake pads for winter, but other than that I haven't noticed anything wrong until this morning. I let the car warm up for about 10 minutes, due to the temperature gettingcolder. I then just started on my normal commute to work (about 20 miles each way) and when I got to the first light, while holding the brake, the car started jumping foward. No lights have come on and the car didn't die. I am not sure what it could be. Could it possible be the trans? I have the manufacturer's warranty until August 23, 2008. I also lifted up the hood and the engine was blow air from somewhere. The sound was like if you are blowing up a balloon but you never stop blowing the air into it. That's what the air sound, sounded like. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated!!

thanx,

kt