Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

07 Chevy Equinox rear wiper motor not working

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2013, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Chevy Equinox rear wiper motor not working

So i bought this Equinox about 5 months ago. Now that's its warm out i decided to replace the rear wiper motor. made sure it wasn't the fuse that had blown, and it was not, so i bought a replacement and installed it. but still no luck the new motor doesn't work, i checked for power at the conector, and i was sitting at 14.7 volts. so i have power but no motor

Anyone have any idea's what i should check next?
Old April 4th, 2013, 9:55 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew David Zidar
So i bought this Equinox about 5 months ago. Now that's its warm out i decided to replace the rear wiper motor. made sure it wasn't the fuse that had blown, and it was not, so i bought a replacement and installed it. but still no luck the new motor doesn't work, i checked for power at the conector, and i was sitting at 14.7 volts. so i have power but no motor

Anyone have any idea's what i should check next?
I would say check the liftgate switch, but that is probably working fine. If it weren't, you would constantly be getting the liftgate open warning. The rear wiper motor is disabled whenever the liftgate is open. About the only thing left to check would be the ground going to the wiper motor. I have attached a wiring diagram for the rear wiper & washer circuits.

rear_wiper-washer.pdf

Last edited by ruley73; February 18th, 2016 at 6:27 PM. Reason: grammar error
The following users liked this post:
awk62 (March 4th, 2020)
Old June 26th, 2013, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default equinox rear wiper motor

the rear wiper motors are junk I have replaced 4 times on the Equinox and 2 on the Montana SV6 Rock Auto usa is a great place to start your search about 1/2 the Canadian price
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:59 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger Stainforth
the rear wiper motors are junk I have replaced 4 times on the Equinox and 2 on the Montana SV6 Rock Auto usa is a great place to start your search about 1/2 the Canadian price

What brand are the replacement motors you are using?
Old July 29th, 2013, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem. Just wondering if you determined what is causing it? Is it the motor itself or the wiring? Seems to be lots of wiring issues with the equinox. :-/
Old April 26th, 2014, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

ruley73: I have just replaced the rear wiper motor on a 2008 equinox. Thanks for the diagram ( electrical guy) but most important no one but you mentioned that the tailgate switch disables the wiper when the tailgate is open. I had my multimeter our and could not figure out why I was getting voltage but the motor would not turn.
Old April 27th, 2014, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default Rear wiper motor

We are using the AC Delco motors this last one is now 2 yrs old still works and the other fellas are correct the rear wiper motor is disabled when the trunk is opened. This motor failure on 2 separate occasions has left us with a dead battery you can not hear the motor trying to run when you turn off the vehicle, but it is if you put your ear near it so if you get a dead battery just check to see if your rear wiper is working properly. Once replaced no more battery issues.