Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

'07 Equinox problem(s)

Old April 8th, 2011, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool '07 Equinox problem(s)

Hello,
I have searched many forums and blogs and while I seem to find very similar issues on this car, I have yet to find any answers, hopefully someone can help? My equinox has lost power steering, on the dash the light flashes between "tire monitor system" and "stabilitrak off". I thought it was perhaps my tires were not the best, so I replaced them, but no change. I have an AWD. I can't go to the dealer to try a lot of thing that don't really fix anything, so any ideas? Thanks,

-Mary
Old May 9th, 2011, 4:39 AM
CF Junior Member

see this post, i did a quick search, sounds feasible
Chevy Questions - i have a chevy equinox 2007 the power steering is not working - JustAnswer
make sure and scroll down below the BS to find the answers.

and check the fuse, its an electronic power steering, not hydraulic, no fluid. look under the hood on the drivers side, open teh fuse box, read the inside of the lid, find the power steering fuse. If the fuse is blown, your not out of the woods, it might blow again, if it does, then you might need to pull the unit, and take a closer look, lube, clean, and check all the connections, etc.. [do a basic service on it, whatever is possible] Sometimes, believe it or not, can save a component completely from manufacturer defects by just going through it. Depends on how much your into mechanics.
Old June 11th, 2011, 7:42 AM
CF Active Member

Go to your local Autozone or Advance Auto Parts and ask them to run the codes on it for you. That way, if you get a fault code, you'll know where to start looking.
Old June 12th, 2011, 3:37 PM
CF Junior Member

autozone doesnt do that anymore, atleast over here in so california. i called and asked a few time now.

you can go to harbor freight and purchase a code reader, that will prove invaluable if you have a few skills to do basic removal and replacement of emission control items that are usually easily accessible. then for the steering wheel, well, thats not as easy for the column of course, but like i said, the code reader will pay for itself if you have the skills above.
Old June 13th, 2011, 10:20 AM
CF Active Member

[QUOTE=wolfdogg;183705]autozone doesnt do that anymore, atleast over here in so california. i called and asked a few time now.

Wow!! What happened to customer service? When I worked for them for five years, we did this as a courtesy. The one where I live still does it to as does the local Advance Auto Parts. I'd call their corporate headquarters and check that out. Sounds to me like someone is feeding you a line of crap. If it's true, stop doing business with them and shop some of your other local parts stores. Did they also stop installing batteries for customers?