Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

08 Equinox with CEL on and Stabilatrak warning

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2014, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Equinox with CEL on and Stabilatrak warning

I have an 08 Equinox that started acting strange a few weeks ago. The Check Engine Light came on as did the "Service Stabilatrak" light. In addition the ABS light came on briefly but has since gone off. The car also jerks when coming to a stop and drives far less smoothly as it normally does. I researched the problem and had the codes read at my local auto zone. The codes were P1779, P0405, P0404, and C0561. After researching the aforementioned codes I learned that most of my problems stem from an EGR valve malfunction so I subsequently replaced it. I also checked the tube for blockage and there was none. Since the repair the car drives normally for about 10 minutes until the "Service Stabilatrak" light comes back on the the rough driving begins again. Can anyone help?
Old March 25th, 2014, 9:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Brine6415,

I am sorry to hear about this occurrence with your vehicle! We would be happy to assist you further at any time if you would like to send us a private message. We can reach out to your local dealership.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by Brine6415
I have an 08 Equinox that started acting strange a few weeks ago. The Check Engine Light came on as did the "Service Stabilatrak" light. In addition the ABS light came on briefly but has since gone off. The car also jerks when coming to a stop and drives far less smoothly as it normally does. I researched the problem and had the codes read at my local auto zone. The codes were P1779, P0405, P0404, and C0561. After researching the aforementioned codes I learned that most of my problems stem from an EGR valve malfunction so I subsequently replaced it. I also checked the tube for blockage and there was none. Since the repair the car drives normally for about 10 minutes until the "Service Stabilatrak" light comes back on the the rough driving begins again. Can anyone help?