Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 Chevy Equinox amp bypass

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2017, 10:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Equinox radio issue

I have a 2005 Equinox that the radio volume is very weak and getting weaker also the sub is not working could this be the amp or the radio
Old October 26th, 2020, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tring to get sound?

Originally Posted by sdshipe
I'm bumping this thread because I didnt see anyone successfully do this.

The best description above says that of the two connectors to the amp (located under the rear seat) the larger connector has the speaker inputs and that there is one large wire and two small wires for each speaker. He says to connect both smaller wires with the larger wire where one of the two smaller wires matches the color of the larger wire (ie. larger = drk green, smallers = drk green and somethign else). This should bypass the amp.

Q1: is the other connector (amp power etc) left in place?

Q2: is it necessary to do anything with the amp control and amp sensor wires? (i think these are purple and yellow)?

Q3: should each speaker be able to be bypassed individually such that I can bypass just one speaker and know that im doing it right?

Q4: Currently my system is making no music and is creating cracking even with the radio and car shut off. Should my factory head unit be able to make some music if i bypass just one speaker? (im trying to be sure ive got the method right before i do all of them)....

Q5: I ordered a bypass kit (metra 70-2052). It comes with 214ft of cable and would appear to me like they intend you to rerun the bypass wires back to the HU? any thoughts? any instructions on the use of this thing would be great...i do have an aftermarket pioneer id like to put in but i would settle for functioning stock unit.

also i believe i have the full wiring diagram if anyone wants it but i dont know how to post it so PM me if you want it.
Thanks,
2005 chevy equinox amp location and