Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 Chevy Equinox - Headlight

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2012, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2005 Chevy Equinox - Headlight

Quick question regarding my headlight. I have the driver side headlight out. Took it to a place twice. Once got charged to replace it. It is still going out. They said if it happens again, they will have to replace the whole assembly. Now, its just low beams. Is it accurate that if the low beams are out, but the high beams work, that its a socket issue or just a bad bulb? It sounded like a bunch of crap to me, but figured I would ask.
Thanks a lot.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 9:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be either one causing the problem. Who changed the bulb the first time? Were they wearing Gloves?
Old October 24th, 2012, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mswerb
Could be either one causing the problem. Who changed the bulb the first time? Were they wearing Gloves?
That's not what I am getting at. I am specifically asking if these are two separate bulbs? The high beams work, the low beams do not. The suggestion by the repair place was I replace the socket or the assembly for the light itself, if the bulb is a single bulb, the only reason one would work and the other would not is because the low beam is blown... correct?