Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   2005 Electrical Problems (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/2005-electrical-problems-16933/)

Sunfiresk02 July 5th, 2008 10:02 PM

2005 Electrical Problems

Has anyone had any issues with the electrical system in the dashboard? This one has me confused and Im looking for guidance. My 2005 has been in the shop twice already to have the main circuit board replaced.

While Im driving, all my gages lose power (gas, speed, revs, etc) for approx 30 secs. The radio if powered on also turns off for that time frame. Any suggestions/info is greatly appreciated

shawnvw July 6th, 2008 6:13 PM

RE: 2005 Electrical Problems

Sounds like it may be losing the data signal from the bcm. Could be a nightmare to diagnose.

Follow this document. It could lead you to thecause of the data wire dropping out. You may not have all the concerns, but the problem could only affect the one wire. Disregard if you don't have OnStar

Subject:
05 Chevrolet Equinox No Crank With Loss Of Communication To BCM, IPC, PCM, TCM, EBCM
[align=left]

Models:
.[/align]

[hr]

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in the PI.
Condition/Concern:
No Crank with loss of communication to BCM, IPC, PCM,TCM, and EBCM setting DTC'S U1000, U1064, U1096, U2105, U2106, and U2108.
Recommendation/Instructions:
Check connector C3 at Vehicle Communication Interface (VCIM). The field has reported that the C3 connector and wiring at the VCIM was twisted several times causing and intermittent connection for circuit 2500 Tan/Black wire and circuit 2501 Tan wire. The VCIM location is under the left side of the I/P, attached to the acceleration/brake pedal bracket (see SI Document #1424530). Repair the wiring at connector C3 as necessary
Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
#PIT3433: 05 Chevrolet Equinox No Crank with Loss of Communication to BCM, IPC, PCM, TCM, EBCM - kw connector damage data driveability DTC intermittent loose MIL U1000 U1064 U1096 U2105 U2106 U2108 wire - (Feb 11, 2005)

Models:
(05 Chevrolet Equinox)

shawnvw July 6th, 2008 6:15 PM

RE: 2005 Electrical Problems

Here's another document that may be of interest to you. Again, your vehicle may not exhitbit the concerns, but It talks about chaffed wires and if a data wire is one of them, it can do all sorts of goofy things

#PIT3021: 05 Chevrolet Equinox GMT191 Concerns with Mirrors , Radio , Seatbelt Warning, or No Communication - kw fuse mirror inoperative power wire repair radio noise restraint seatbelt connector ignition audio - (Jun 24, 2004) [/align][/align]

Subject:
05 Chevrolet Equinox GMT191Concerns with Mirrors, Radio, Seatbelt Warning or No Communication
[align=left]

Models:
.[/align]

[hr]

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the described symptoms in the PI.
Condition/Concern:
Possible Concerns: Power mirrors inoperative, seat belt warning light on, no audio/poor audio and/or various class 2 communication faults.
Recommendation/Instructions:
Field reports have shown during assemble of the lower A-pillar trim or kick panel, the clip on the trim panel has chafed the wire(s) resulting in a short to ground or an open fuse. The C204 connector contains circuits for ignition 1, power mirrors, seatbelt warning, audio speakers and class 2 communication. Remove the lower left trim panel, inspect for any chafed wires near C204 connector and repair as necessary. Reroute the harness to prevent future contact.
Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance.
Models:
(05 Chevrolet Equinox GMT191) [/align]

shaleest October 23rd, 2011 4:32 PM

2006 radio problems

Having problems with my radio tuner, sometimes you can turn it up and sometimes you cant.