Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   2005 Equinox Hvac not working (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/2005-equinox-hvac-not-working-52339/)

lee7of7 August 9th, 2012 10:57 AM

2005 Equinox Hvac not working

The Hvac stopped working on a recent trip. It has restarted a couple of times for a short period before stopping again. Mechanic checked and there is no power to unit. Fuses good. blower works when he gives it power. Nothing appears burnt out. No A/C is one thing no heater/defrost is another in Wisconsin. Any ideas?

oldchevy August 9th, 2012 11:10 AM

With fuses being good and no power to unit means it is either a problem with the switch or the wire to the switch or the wire from switch to unit. Check all connections and look at the wires closely for any possible problems.

ruley73 August 9th, 2012 10:44 PM

Just to clarify, is it just the HVAC blower motor that is working intermittently?

Unfortunately, even hooking it up directly to the battery doesn't rule out a bad blower motor. The next time it quits, try to give it a tap/kick and see if it starts up again. If it starts up again, the blower motor probably has a bad spot in it which is usually how they strat to fail. Eventually they get to a point where they won't work at all.

The power wire (red w/white stripe) at the plug going to the blower motor should be hot at all times. If not, then you have a bad connection somewhere or a bad fuse (HVAC BLOWER 40A - located in the fuse block under the hood).

Check the resistance between the purple wire at the blower motor plug and chassis/ground. You should have zero resistance with the ignition in the RUN position and the blower switch at the highest setting. If not, then remove and inspect the plug going to the HVAC control panel. Test the resistance of the ground wire (pin 12 - black w/white stripe) to chassis/ground. You should see a zero resistance reading here. If not, then you have a bad ground connection at the other end of this wire. You could simply cut this wire and connect it to another good grounding point or you could try to find where this wire currently goes to and clean the connection.

Here's a link to a wiring diagram that you should find useful.

2005-2006_Chevrolet_Equinox_HVAC_Circuit.pdf

UpstateNY Bill October 25th, 2012 11:02 PM

There is a known defect in the wiring harness connector at the drivers side kick panel. Too much current going through the wire burns up the pin for the blower in that connector. If sitting in the drivers seat, just sideways kick the inside of the car next to your left foot and your ac blower may start working again. That is where the connector is. I spliced in a wire to bypass that one pin of the connector and haven't had a problem since.

Google "Equinox connector C200" and you will find the info you are looking for. Good luck.

donee December 4th, 2012 11:27 AM

Hi I'm Donee happy to be here, I came here just to ask if you have any idea about Hvac Los Angeles?

ronlandrette January 19th, 2013 11:45 AM

c200 equinox plug heater repair

3 Attachment(s)
pix attached of c200 burnt pin drivers kick panel,and repair of same
red and white wire , there are a few,if i banged the plug heater motor would start...thanks for the info guys---figured pix would help

CHandy January 21st, 2014 11:11 AM

C200 repair/replacement

Does anyone know how to replace/repair/bypass the C200 connector?

Bill Azana April 13th, 2017 8:45 AM

You know your stuff. I have exact same problem and you have saved me many hours of troubleshooting.
Thank you

UpstateNY Bill April 14th, 2017 8:58 PM

Sorry I haven't checked in here lately. I no longer have that Equinox, but I'm glad I could help.

The pictures above by ronlandrette show the same repair that I did.

Melissa Aspinall September 11th, 2017 11:22 AM

No control over temp in HVAC system

Recently the AC stopped blowing cold. Now that it has cooled down the hot air is blowing cold. The air blows accordingly to what it's set at, but the temp is the same no matter the setting. My dad seems to think the switch for the shutter door is bad. Does this sound right? And does anyone know the easiest way to get to it?

paul force November 9th, 2017 8:10 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by UpstateNY Bill (Post 230732)
There is a known defect in the wiring harness connector at the drivers side kick panel. Too much current going through the wire burns up the pin for the blower in that connector. If sitting in the drivers seat, just sideways kick the inside of the car next to your left foot and your ac blower may start working again. That is where the connector is. I spliced in a wire to bypass that one pin of the connector and haven't had a problem since.

Google "Equinox connector C200" and you will find the info you are looking for. Good luck.

I have replaced the fan, the switches and all the fuses and solenoids and to find out I was just tapping in the wrong place. The kick on the drivers side worked out great. THANK YOU