Notices
Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 Equinox lift gate will not unlock

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:20 PM
  #1  
CF Beginner
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Default 2005 Equinox lift gate will not unlock

Can someone tell me if there is an emergency release in this years model to open the lift hatch bc mine will not unlock. it is driving me crazy not being able to use mt lift gate!!!
natwood68 is offline  
Old March 14th, 2012, 7:17 PM
  #2  
Official GM Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI
Posts: 4,161
Default

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> natwood68,

To unlock the liftgate, press the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter twice or use the power door lock switch.

If normal operation does not work, it may be a lock actuator issue. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. They will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis and repair options.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Service is offline  
Old October 25th, 2012, 7:12 PM
  #3  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service View Post
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> natwood68,

To unlock the liftgate, press the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter twice or use the power door lock switch.

If normal operation does not work, it may be a lock actuator issue. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. They will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis and repair options.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
What kind of forums are these? Take it to a certified technician? Ive been looking through forums for the last few days to try and fix this problem. A certified technician rakes you over the coals for repairs. Im sure most people are looking for some free advice on how to fix this vehicle that appears to have a ton of issues including this one. No manual ability to unlock the liftgate?? Really? The designer is brilliant.
LOKL12 is offline  
Old October 25th, 2012, 8:21 PM
  #4  
CF Monarch
 
tech2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,593
Default

the may be a round plastic trim cover near the bottom center of the liftgate, inside the vehicle. Pop the cover off and with a screwdriver, manually release the latch.

hope I'm not raking you over the coals.
tech2 is offline  
Old March 11th, 2019, 12:24 PM
  #5  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by LOKL12 View Post
What kind of forums are these? Take it to a certified technician? Ive been looking through forums for the last few days to try and fix this problem. A certified technician rakes you over the coals for repairs. Im sure most people are looking for some free advice on how to fix this vehicle that appears to have a ton of issues including this one. No manual ability to unlock the liftgate?? Really? The designer is brilliant.
I agree, that was a ridiculously stupid answer. If every forum did that, what would be the point of help or troubleshooting forums?
derekio is offline  
Old March 11th, 2019, 8:03 PM
  #6  
CF Monarch
 
tech2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,593
Default

both of you have been here for all of 3 posts each....relax. if you don't like the response to free advice on an internet forum, move on.
tech2 is offline  
Old March 12th, 2019, 11:26 AM
  #7  
CF Pro Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 664
Default

Originally Posted by tech2 View Post
both of you have been here for all of 3 posts each....relax. if you don't like the response to free advice on an internet forum, move on.
This ^^^^

Also, the 2007-2009 models do you have a plug that you can remove for manually releasing the latch. The 2005-2006 models do not.
ruley73 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
RJK
Tahoe & Suburban
10
May 21st, 2018 8:10 AM
dolljason.p
Tahoe & Suburban
2
June 17th, 2015 12:48 PM
Davpmars
Tahoe & Suburban
5
June 6th, 2014 8:39 AM
polpower
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
0
August 19th, 2013 10:42 PM
John789
Equinox
0
December 7th, 2010 3:05 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Equinox lift gate will not unlock


Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: