Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Equinox Blend door(air temp door)

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2012, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OhSixNox

I would like to arn you, as I was warned. I did in fact speak w/ a rep from the dot com site you refer to and was assured the issue would be covered. I then went to the Chexrolet garage and spoke with the service super and he informed me that, just because I was told that the costs would be covered absolutely did not mean that was actually going to happen(luckily I had worked at this dealership under this supervisor in the past). I called the rep back, inquired as to the case number they had assigned to my case and was told there was not one. I then had him explain that I would have to have the problem officially diagnosed thru the dealer then pay for that out of my own pocket. If the problem was diagnosed as being the blend door issue then I would be reimbursed. So, I then called the shop super back and he said he had had many such occurences that fell in the hands of the retailer, the costs that is, and advised me to obtain some type of authentication that this would all be covered. I called the rep back, asked him for said and he stated he'd get in touch with the GM dealer whom I had dealt with and have the daignosis fee waived. Three days later the same rep called me back to inform me that he was unable to have this authorized from Above. He then politely asked me if I felt that he had provided me with Excellent Customer Service! I not-so-graciously hug up without explaining my feeling of frustration to this pee-on.

Just make sure things are going to in-fact go as you've been told they would. And Cheers to you if you got it taken care of. My wife handed me tools and assisted in my efforts as we spent the entire weekend daylight hours plus performing this job. But, completed and working like new, better than new!
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

The way it went about for me was I emailed them about my problem and they called me the next day. We spoke about my issue, and the rep told me that the problem is covered under a extended warranty. But in order to for them to cover it, they would have to diagnose the car and see if that was the problem first. Now if the diagnosis showed that was my issue then there would be no charge, but if that wasn't the problem then I would have to cover the diagnosis. She then called my local Chevy dealer on a conference call and told them what was going on. They had me bring the Nox in on friday and called me on saturday (yesterday) and told me it was gonna be covered through the extended warranty. I went in to get my car because parts wont arrive till tuesday. They gave me so papers showing extended warranty repairs. I do feel really lucky that I'm being covered as I have heard some horror stories when it comes to warranty stuff. Hope others get help too, since this a real expensive repair. Thanks for this thread as I would of never looked into this if I hadn't read this.
Old October 29th, 2012, 6:51 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Cangratulations!

As a favor to me and those many others watching this post and those to come, please keep us posted as to the actual end-result. Thanks for sharing and I am proud you were able to have this issue resolved. I say this with a bit of reservatio as I was "assured" mine would be covered as well, as I have explained. However, in your case, this may have been a decision made by an understanding individual with a degree of decent morale.

Regards and Best Wishes,

Kylerob70
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

I had the Temp blend door replaced. Now, when I start my car and turn on the heat I smell anitfreeze. The car does not warm up while sitting idle the car has to be moving for any heat to come out. Why is it doing this?
Old October 31st, 2012, 5:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

that is a symptom of low coolant level or air in the system, most likely due to the leak. Have the system pressure tested to locate the leak.

Hopefully, the heater core isn't broken or it will all have to come out again.

Last edited by tech2; October 31st, 2012 at 5:36 AM.
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ERMoore
I had the Temp blend door replaced. Now, when I start my car and turn on the heat I smell anitfreeze. The car does not warm up while sitting idle the car has to be moving for any heat to come out. Why is it doing this?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> ERMoore,

I agree with "tech2", it may be related to a leak. I suggest having the vehicle inspected. Was the blend door replaced at your local dealer?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 9th, 2012, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Hi All!! my heater now works! I contacted GM and under coverage #11135 from GM it was fully covered. Call them and demand this coverage. It cost me nothing out of pocket. They made an appointment with my local dealer and it was replaced. (the blend door.) The dealer informed me this was a recall...even though I could not get any GM rep to say this...they simply said it was covered under special coverage #11135. Best of luck.
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default "Justhurts" repair?

How many miles did you have on the Equinox when they approved the repair?
Thanks.
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default "Justhurts"

Also, what is the phone number that you called? My wife has the same problem with her 2006 Equinox.
Thanks
Old November 29th, 2012, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

Hey Trying2StayLoyal, my NOx had a little over 112k when I emailed them. The rep that helped me was Rhea-(866)790-5700, ext. 22845 . She was real helpful and literally did all the repair appts for me, even got me a free 2 day rental through enterprise. I'd recommend giving her a call and going from there. Again they will have your car diagnosed at the dealer, if it happens to not be that problem, you will have to cover that cost. I'll still post up the receipt I got from my Chevy dealer to show all the warranty repair being covered.

Quick Reply: 2006 Equinox Blend door(air temp door)