Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   2006 equinox heating up and nether fan will kick in. (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/2006-equinox-heating-up-nether-fan-will-kick-52063/)

Jrjay April 18th, 2018 6:00 PM

Originally Posted by ruley73 (Post 355854)
​​​​​​
Did did you bleed the cooling system after you put new coolant in? Also, check the cooling fans and make sure they are running. They should always run when the AC is turned on. If they don't run check the plug going to the coolng fan assembly. It also wouldn't hurt to replace the coolant lid.

I did bleed the system using the nipple on the water pump housing..and the fan does run when the a/c is on ..the fan kicks full blast ones the car is turned off ..the wires are fine I re-taped them n cleaned out the plug

PHOTOFPD August 25th, 2018 6:29 PM

Red hot and no fans

Had the same problem, no fans temp almost in red in traffic, read all the posts, checked fuses, all good. took the next easy step, took fan connecters off the fan an sprayed with contact cleaner, ran the A/C and the fan started like it should, Ran the car up to temp and fan started. connectors are not exactly easy to get off, but a little effort from the top and they pop off, we'll see how long this lasts. Sometimes going the easy steps first pays off.

PHOTOFPD September 3rd, 2018 10:01 AM

One question= do Both fans start when you turn on A/C? I only have the one on the passenger side running. I have yet to see the driver side come on. Might be the connector, I cleaned both sides and only the one is running. Might have to check for voltage on the connector, which I priced at over 30 each.

dcsanjuan October 1st, 2018 6:19 PM

@PHOTOFPD, in that case you may have to check/replace the COOL FAN LO relay. It controls the LEFT Cooling Fan which is in the driver's side. Then you may see both cooling fan running at LOW speed. However, if the relay is good, then you may have to start digging on the wires and connectors. Note that it is coupled to another relay which is located underneath the driver side's headlight, which is called the Cooling Fan S/P relay. Be ready to remove the trims close to the driver side front tires to reveal the relay. Hope this helps.

PHOTOFPD October 1st, 2018 10:47 PM

Thanks for the reply!! I always like to check the easy stupid stuff first. in this case it was the connector I cleaned with contact spray. I found the connector had fallen out so with the A/C on, I pushed it back on and the fan started, but when I let fo of the connector the fan stopped. Your kidding me, right? so I wiggled( that's a tech term, I think) the plug and it started. so I wrapped a wire tie around the plug(connector) and the heater pipe real tight. fan running, still running after a few weeks, but I ordered a new connector from Amazon for around 33 as a backup.
so far so good. Its always the stupid stuff that gets you!!!

brian emerson July 6th, 2020 4:57 PM

Hi how are you I dont need to write a paragraph but it could be your control module

Originally Posted by kylerob70 (Post 224330)
Reading what is already posted, I have a problem with knowing if relays are good or not. They look fine? Where is temp sending unit and how do I check or temporarily by-pass to see if that is the problem?

Thanks for any help!

Kentucky Kyle

UPDATE-After seeing where one guy wiggled the wires at the fan I tried it and they both came on. What, if anything, do these connections have to do with the air compressor kicking on?

2006 chevy equinox