Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Equinox - Key Fob & Radio Questions

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2014, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Equinox - Key Fob & Radio Questions

Key fob battery went out - so I started using my spare. When I used the original fob to lock my car, I would hit the lock button once - and the doors would lock, hit it again and I would hear the horn beep once. With my back-up fob, I hit the lock button - and I immediately hear the horn beep once. Not sure it makes a difference - just noticed it was different.

Couple months later, car battery died, replaced it. After replacing the battery, my multi-CDo player (Sirius XM radio) doesn't work (CD changer error). Radio works - just not the CD player. Is the CD changer error caused by it now being broken (worked before I changed my battery) - or do I need to somehow reset it - and if so, how do I do that? I disconnected the battery (one post only) and that didn't work.

Thanks!
Old November 22nd, 2014, 9:28 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

What is the exact message that Tue radio displays? The six-disc changer mechanisms frequently fail in GM radios. I think it's just a coincidence that it failed when you replaced the battery. Something you can try before replacing it is pulling all the radio-related fuses while the radio is powered up and turned on. It is possible to repair the radio by just replacing the changer mechanism. So you should consider that option.

Replacing the radio can cost a few hundred bucks. If you go the OEM route, a new radio will require a trip to the Chevy stealership to have it programmed. An aftermarket radio will require wiring & mounting adapters, along with expensive interfaces to keep your RAP, OnStar, and satellite radio functional.