Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Chevrolet Equinox

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2011, 10:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevrolet Equinox

My information center doesnt show up, light up or anything. its stuck on mileage and temp, also front speakers are not working so none of the ignition, seat belts or chimes work nor does the remote start.... kinda stumped here. any help would be appreciated
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Do any warnings like door/hatch open or seat belt show in the DIC? Does yours have any aftermarket radio or remote start system?
Old October 23rd, 2011, 2:12 AM
CF Beginner

it shows door open and seat belt light blinks but no sounds or anything. and no its all factory
Old October 23rd, 2011, 9:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may have a couple of problems, then. The DIC control buttons in the radio proper are connected to the I/P cluster which contains the DIC logic circuits. If the DIC control buttons no longer light up at night, maybe the electrical connector fell out of the back of the radio. As for the front speakers, it could be the radio, wiring, or the speakers themselves. Consider taking it in for service, any GM dealership, and don't let some independent shop monkey around with it unless they know vehicle electronics.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by dwells.6520
My information center doesnt show up, light up or anything. its stuck on mileage and temp...
I'm assuming you mean the that DIC display is stuck on odometer and temp and will not change despite pressing the control buttons.

Originally Posted by EinST
You may have a couple of problems, then. The DIC control buttons in the radio proper are connected to the I/P cluster which contains the DIC logic circuits. If the DIC control buttons no longer light up at night, maybe the electrical connector fell out of the back of the radio. As for the front speakers, it could be the radio, wiring, or the speakers themselves. Consider taking it in for service, any GM dealership, and don't let some independent shop monkey around with it unless they know vehicle electronics.
This information may apply to 2005-2006 models, but the DIC and its control buttons are completely separate from the radio on 2007-2009 models. So this would not apply to the OP's vehicle.

To the OP: Have you recently taken apart your dash at all? If you have, I'd make sure the harnesses are connected to the DIC buttons and passenger airbag indicator.

-How long have you had the vehicle?
-Is there anything you did to the vehicle prior the to problem?
-Does the rest of the cluster work fine otherwise? (i.e. gauges still work and trouble lights illuminate during self-test when key is first turned to the RUN position)

I was unable to replicate your problem by pulling any related fuses from the I/P fuse panel so I doubt that your problem is simply a blown fuse.

Check the radio and make sure the fader is set to the center position. I believe the front speakers not working may be an isolated issue since they are wired directly to the radio.

You may need to start looking around the dash for a frayed wiring harness, but I would first start by removing the center piece that goes around the HVAC controls and radio and making sure everything is plugged in - particularly the DIC control buttons. You may need a new instrument cluster if the wiring all checks out ok.

Good luck.
Old July 6th, 2017, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

Well I'm glad I actually spoke to a professional and didn't take some guys advice on here. Your reply to my question was extremely inaccurate. It was the half shaft, I replaced it on my own and I didn't need to "walk away" from my vehcile that only has 89,000 miles on it. I'd suggest if your going ro give you two cents on people's posts, be a little more optimistic and before you narrow it down to "rebuilding" a transmission, explore other options. Thales pally