Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Problems

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Equinox Water Problems

Within the past 3 weeks I have noticed my front drivers side floor board soked with water when it rain an or snowed. When I bought this vehicle almost 3 years agao it was put in the shop for the same exact thing. It's happening again and they are wanting me to pay out of pocket for something that was not fixed the right way the first time. If it's raining I can actually see the water coming from the hood release lever. It's a constant drip. I now keep a towel on the floor to soak up any water. Has anyone ever had this same problem? Can someone direct on what to do or look for? This is so frustrating .
Old April 7th, 2013, 6:24 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Michelle McCauley Herrington
Within the past 3 weeks I have noticed my front drivers side floor board soked with water when it rain an or snowed. When I bought this vehicle almost 3 years agao it was put in the shop for the same exact thing. It's happening again and they are wanting me to pay out of pocket for something that was not fixed the right way the first time. If it's raining I can actually see the water coming from the hood release lever. It's a constant drip. I now keep a towel on the floor to soak up any water. Has anyone ever had this same problem? Can someone direct on what to do or look for? This is so frustrating .
Hi Michelle

I'm sorry that you are so frustrated with your vehicle at this time. I'd really like to help you with this issue in any way that I can. If you would send me your VIN I can look further into this for you.

Regards

Amber N.
GM Customer Care
Old December 8th, 2013, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 equinox

have a question my gear shift wont shift into gear. my car turns on but I cant shift it into gear at all can anyone tell my why it would do this
Old December 8th, 2013, 2:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by davylongo
have a question my gear shift wont shift into gear. my car turns on but I cant shift it into gear at all can anyone tell my why it would do this
Hi davylongo,

We understand your concerns surrounding your gear shift issue, and we'd like to try and help with this situation. Please private message us your name, VIN, mileage and preferred dealer so that we can look more into this issue for you. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by davylongo
well hello my equinox has about 128000k and for some reason my car just wont shift into gear my vin is 2CNDL63F976118119 my name is david Ramirez. I found a cable with a plastic white piece at the end of it that looks like its coming from the transmission but I cant find where to plug it back into.
Hi davylongo,

I just private messaged you regarding your concerns. I already have your personal information noted, so if you'd like to delete your post to protect your information, feel free to do so.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 7th, 2014, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

I am so disappointed with my 2007 Equinox. I had nothing but problems since I first bought it. Ranging from Throttle Body, throttle body sensor, EGR valve, fuel pump, ignition, traction control ( which I had problem with since 2 weeks after I bought the vehicle brand new). For years I have been doing research online about issues of the 2007 Equinox and it seems that so many people have the exact same issues but yet, nothing is getting done about it. Also there is a recall for the abs sensor, which is a safety issue but still it won't get fixed by Chevy knowing there is a recall on there. This was my first and last time every buying a Chevy. It's just a shame that my car is only ok to drive within the city. It's not reliable and if I drive more than 20 min, engine light comes on and car slows down. This had caused me to turn jobs down and had to stay local. When it rains, it feels like I'm driving in snow. Don't understand why they wouldn't fix the traction control when I first had issues and it is too much to pay out of pocket. With the repairs I put in this vehicle I could have bought a new car already. Never again.
Old April 7th, 2014, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Michelle McCauley Herrington
I have similar issues. When it rains, there is water going under my trunk where my spare tire is and water comes in the car. Have you ever figured out what caused it?
Old April 8th, 2014, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2005 Equinox Overheating

I feel like I should have noted the warnings before purchasing this vehicle. We recently bought an '05 Equinox outright at a used car dealership with 163,000 miles. We have had it for less than a week before it started over heating(fan kicks on and turning heat on inside car helps). Took it to mechanic and he replaced thermostat, unkinked a hose and replaced some sensor. Well a week later the car is still over heating, while driving down the highway or sitting idling, it is losing coolant way too quickly, but no check engine light is on. Also probably unrelated but car has begun to jump slightly when accelerating and losing a bit of power( could be spark plugs?)when accelerating. Could this be a problem with the head gasket? I haven't noticed any white smoke from exhaust..
Old April 21st, 2014, 9:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Traction control 2007 equinox

My 2007 equinox traction control light on, vehicle will not move, garage says I need a transmission, please help. This vehicle shifted fine before. Traction licht has come on, intermittently, no one could find a problem. Now after this crazy weather it just stopped moving will not d
Shift forward or backward, I had it towed to local garage and they are saying I need a transmission. Please help
Old April 22nd, 2014, 7:47 AM
Official GM Rep

Hello all,

I am sorry to hear of the frustrations you are experiencing with your vehicles! We are happy to assist at any time if you would like to send us a private message. We can then get in contact with your dealership for further technical advice. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Chevrolet Equinox Problems