Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   2007 Equinox key fob (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/2007-equinox-key-fob-52969/)

Fox1311 September 9th, 2012 11:46 PM

2007 Equinox key fob

07 Equinox the Key fob works when parking and locking the doors. Twenty seconds later the fob does nothing unless you manually unlock the door and then silence the alarm with the unlock button on the fob. New battery on fob and relearned fob through car's menu still the same.

Chevrolet Customer Service September 11th, 2012 2:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fox1311 (Post 226243)
07 Equinox the Key fob works when parking and locking the doors. Twenty seconds later the fob does nothing unless you manually unlock the door and then silence the alarm with the unlock button on the fob. New battery on fob and relearned fob through car's menu still the same.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Fox1311,

Are these the original fobs or new fobs? Is this a recent issue? Did it start after changing the battery?

Louis
GM Customer Service

oldchevy September 12th, 2012 6:16 AM

Mine was acting up and I bought one from a seller on Ebay. I got an original GM fob with programming instructions. Works great! There are many of them for sale with much better prices than the dealer.

Fox1311 September 12th, 2012 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 226376)
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Fox1311,

Are these the original fobs or new fobs? Is this a recent issue? Did it start after changing the battery?

Louis
GM Customer Service

These are the original key fobs and yes it started shortly after changing the battery.

Danijal Daca September 20th, 2012 4:13 PM

Fox1311,

I have a Camaro and had similar problems as yours.
Have you tried reprogramming your fob? That worked for me

And please do not pay Dealers or Locksmith, they will just charge you to much. Instead you can look for a video on Youtube or google it.

here is a site I just googled for you, hope it helps you out
2007 Chevrolet Equinox Keyless entry key programming instructions - ProgramKeyFob.com

Danijal

Fox1311 September 21st, 2012 11:51 PM

thank you i have tried reprogramming it

Xavier Thompson March 15th, 2019 6:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fox1311 (Post 226243)

Hi! Where you able to find a solution to this problem?
I'm asking because I've purchased a set of new programmable fobs and they worked for a while. Not long after they, like the original fobs, quit .