Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 Chevy Equinox Chimes, speakers & navigation sound all gone at same time

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2013, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok the list of things to check off the list is wires in the door jam wires be hind radio. installed another factory radio no good. replaced the bcm and interface with another on even flashed the computer. did everything humanly possible. at this point i am going to say heck with it because there is nothing more to do. i have sound to all other speakers everything works but the sound chimes soon and so forth to the driver side door.
so ty you everyone for the help but at this point i have wasted five days looking for broken wires changing parts and doing everything that can be done at this point. There are just somethings that can not be fixed and this time that is one of them. once more thank you all for your help
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

everything can be fixed. You are overthinking.

how did check the wires from the radio to the l/f speaker?

Last edited by tech2; March 10th, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:29 PM
CF Beginner

to answer your question i spent four days tearing out and putting back in a dash tracing wires looking at them testing them changing everything that has to do with sound in the vehicale. there is nothing left to do i have not over thought it there is nothing that can be done it is one issue that is not going to be fixed. i have ran a wire to that door just for teh radio only. will let stay that way till i trade in this vehicale
Old March 14th, 2013, 4:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

when you are testing systems that are unrelated to the problem you are over thinking!

Next time you get information from a dealer make sure its a technician, not a service writer or service manager; they do not repair cars.

Your problem can only be in the radio, wiring or speaker. That is why I was asking how you checked the wiring. Four days of tracing wires is definitely over thinking.
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Equinox LF speaker out too

No chime, after reading this post, checked LF speaker, out.
Peeled back the rubber boot in door jam- broken wires.

3 wires I spliced (2" extra soldered and heat shrinked) with wires from an old computer power supply I was getting rid of. Several cracked were held together with hemostats and melted back together. Applied some hot melt glue to move the strain away from current location.

Had pictures, can't cut and past , rejected.