Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2009 chevy equinox sport, a bunch of code??

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2018, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 chevy equinox sport, a bunch of code??

Hi,
I have a 2009 chevy equinox sport that's throwing a bunch of error codes. Maybe someone on here could help, kind of hoping it's mainly one, two or three problems that the whole list of codes. Here is the whole list of codes:
p0300: multiple engine misfire detected
p0037: ho2s heater control circuit low voltage Sensor 2
P000d: exhaust camshaft position system slow response bank 2
P0024: intake camshaft position system performance bank 2
P0036:ho2s heater control circuit sensor 2
P0137: ho2s circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 2
P0304: cylinder 4 misfire detected
P0302: cylinder 2 misfire detected
P0306: Cylinder 6 misfire detected
P2099: post Catalyst fuel trim system high limit bank 2
Then it repeats codes: P0300 p000d p0036 p0137 P0304 p0302 p0306 p2099.

I've have tried doing a tune up and it still throws the same codes, and i need it to pass emissions. If someone could please help and lead me in the right direction. It will be really appreciated .
Old October 2nd, 2018, 5:15 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Something definitely seems wrong with the bank 2 cylinders (2, 4, 6).

Have you checked the oil? If the oil is too low the VVT camshaft phasers/actuators/solenoids can't work properly which would directly impact how well the engine runs. It could just be as simple as that - add oil. These engines are notorious for excessive oil consumption so make sure you check your oil frequently. If the vehicle has been running with a low oil level for an extended period of time, the camshaft phasers and/or timing components make be damaged from excessive wear.

Last edited by ruley73; October 3rd, 2018 at 1:33 AM.
Old October 4th, 2018, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruley73
Something definitely seems wrong with the bank 2 cylinders (2, 4, 6).

Have you checked the oil? If the oil is too low the VVT camshaft phasers/actuators/solenoids can't work properly which would directly impact how well the engine runs. It could just be as simple as that - add oil. These engines are notorious for excessive oil consumption so make sure you check your oil frequently. If the vehicle has been running with a low oil level for an extended period of time, the camshaft phasers and/or timing components make be damaged from excessive wear.
I always check the oil and make sure the oil is at level. I forgot to mention that I have always had a problem with the serpentine belt coming off or breaking. Like it just happened tonight when I got to work. Would that be a sign to something as well.