Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   2010 Chevy Equinox Raspy Rattle from the Engine bay (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/2010-chevy-equinox-raspy-rattle-engine-bay-43039/)

Hashbrownn June 9th, 2011 8:22 AM

2010 Chevy Equinox Raspy Rattle from the Engine bay

Greetings all, new member here.
I bought a 2010 Equinox for my wife in summer of 2010, and I've always noticed a slight raspy rattle (something like two metal plates vibrating against each other) from the engine bay, and it gets louder as I press down on the accelerator. At first, I thought it was something like the heat shield vibrating. The Equinox has about 37K miles on it. I took it in for an oil change today at Dick Shirley Chevy in Burlington NC, and asked about the raspy rattle that I been hearing. The service adviser told me that it was coming from the injectors and all the Equinox make that sound? I personally think this is BS, and they were trying to get me out of there. Do any of you other Equinox owners hear the same noise I am referring to? Any advice or information would be helpful.

Regards,
Hashbrownn

Chevrolet Customer Service June 9th, 2011 10:04 AM

Hashbrown,

I would like to help you get this resolved. Could you please message me your full contact information including your full name, address and phone number. I will also need your VIN. I want to have someone look into this for you to get a resolution.

Thank you
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service

Hashbrownn June 9th, 2011 3:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 183437)
Hashbrown,

I would like to help you get this resolved. Could you please message me your full contact information including your full name, address and phone number. I will also need your VIN. I want to have someone look into this for you to get a resolution.

Thank you

message sent

gman57 July 11th, 2011 8:59 AM

Id be interested in hearing the outcome of this issue as I have the same noise I think you are describing on my 2010 I dont hear it on my wifes 2011.

Chevrolet Customer Service July 12th, 2011 10:36 AM

gman57,

Have you been into the dealership for the noise that you are hearing on your vehicle?

Thank you,

von_dutchy July 14th, 2011 9:18 PM

Same here on my 2010 with 25,000 kms on it. Can hear it with the windows up and the radio on. Most noticeable when the vehicle is doing about 50-60 kms and on flat ground. Very annoying and embarrassing to drive.

Chevrolet Customer Service July 15th, 2011 3:04 PM

von_dutchy,

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. Did you take your vehicle into the dealership for a diagnosis?

Thank you,

Tabbucat July 18th, 2011 8:50 PM

I am having the same issue. The dealership acted like I was an idiot. I've had so many issues with my equinox since use had it. The metal grinding sound, the high pitch hissing sound when starting my car (which is apparently a fixer for the air intake and "normal"), the car dies when I stop (even in the highway) which is so dangerous! The surging i get Right before my new car dies and the Embarrassing idling. I've had nothing but trouble with my new car and no one will fix it. I promise to never buy another GM again after this. All I want is someone to fix it I'm not lying when I state that this is happening and the dealership needs to duplicate the problem. It doesn't sound like it's going to blow up EVERY time I start it. But even if it did FIX IT GM!

von_dutchy July 19th, 2011 4:49 AM

Tabbucat. If you told the dealer about the sudden stopping and starting and they did nothing, buy yourself a laptop do some reading and connect it to the module and record what the module is doing, this will help when you take them to court for your injuries. If this were to happen to me and there was injury to my family........look out, especially if they know about the issue.

Hashbrownn July 19th, 2011 8:59 AM

I always take my Equinox to the dealership since it came with 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and 5 year 100k miles drive train warranty. Every time I take it to the dealership, I tell them about the raspy noise and the knocking sound that I hear from the car. With out a hesitation, dealership tells me that it's "NORMAL" on the Equinox. Not once do they ever offer to run a diagnostic scan or look for the problem. Last time I took it in for an oil change, I asked for a diagnosis and was turned down. I was told, "Oh, it's normal noise coming from the injectors" Also, every time I bring this up at the dealership, they look at me like I'm an idiot... yes, I am a dumb person that has never had this problem with other automobile manufacturers. The Chevy Customer Service through the forum asked me if I have gotten a diagnosis done. The answer is NO. How can I get it done if the Dealership denies what is going on with the car, and refuses to look for the problem?
All of my problems with GM and worries with the Equinox are going away soon though. I'm looking into buying a new Acura RDX for my wife and selling the Equinox. I was also very interested in buying a Cadillac STS-V for my self, but trust me when I say this. This Equinox will be the last GM I ever buy. I've had nothing but problems with this car since I bought it in 2010, and not much was done while it was under "bumper to bumper" warranty to fix the problem. Lack of customer service from the Chevy dealership is also a major turn off. The Equinox is the first GM I ever bought and will be the last GM I will ever buy.
For all of you having the same problems with the car and are treated badly by their Chevy Dealership, I wish you luck with your problems because it won't be mine for long.