Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   2010 Equinox has anyone purchased one yet? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/2010-equinox-has-anyone-purchased-one-yet-23962/)

Gabe.northwest June 24th, 2009 7:57 AM

2010 Equinox has anyone purchased one yet?

If you purchased let us know what you think? Thanks!!!!

Still Learning July 23rd, 2009 4:40 PM

We picked ours up last Saturday. It is a LT1 w/ the 8 way power seats, Bluetooth, and rear view camera options and the 4 cyl engine. We haven't driven it much yet (it only has 32 miles on it) but so far I love it! I am 6'5" and have LOTS of room. In fact, if the seat is fully extended, I actually have to pull the seat forward a bit because my feet are too far from the pedals. I have never had a vehicle with that much leg room. I am actually looking forward to long trips for once. I will post more on the vehicle as we use it.

Gabe.northwest July 25th, 2009 8:46 AM

That is awesome, congrats on the purchase. This vehicle is still on my short list of vehicles to possibly purchase. I look forward to hearing more about your new vehicle some pics of it would be great also, enjoy!!!

CyberNox July 25th, 2009 9:23 PM

I bought one last Saturday as well for about 5% under sticker.
LTZ w/ 19's, sunroof, and navigation.
I really like it. Love the looks and styling. The power, acceleration, and ride is good. The technology they've included (if you get the navi) is excellent!
Other things to love are the driver info display, which includes a digital speedometer, TPMS, MPG info, etc; cargo cover; auto headlights; doors lock when you shift to Drive; nice interior lighting; large fuel tank for good range; audio controls on the steering wheel; great heated seats; remote start; power hatch; backup camera; XM radio w/ NavWeather and NavTraffic capability; able to play audio from DVD, USB flash, or HDD. Did I mention the navi? :D

SnowItch August 26th, 2009 11:51 AM

Just Picked up Mocha Metallic LTZ

Picked up my 2010 Nox, 3.0L 6 Cylinder, Mocha metallic LTZ on Friday. I absolutely love it. I'm tall (6'3") and a big guy (240 lbs) with wide shoulders. This is the first vehicle ever that I have had to move the seat forward from it's furthest back position. Have the 8 way power seat and it is extremely comfortable. My wife was happy with the passenger seat as well. When I was playing with the features earlier in the day, my son (6' at least) and I sat in the back seat comfortably and watched a DVD (the Rear Seat Entertainment is well done).

I'm coming from a mini van, so I prefer to be a little higher off the road. The Nox fits the bill perfectly. The wife and I went out to dinner to celebrate (found a restarurant an hour from home we had been wanting to try), and I couldn't be happier with the ride and the handling. The ride is firm, but not too firm (just right for us), and the handling is enjoyable (took some small, windy roads on purpose and enjoyed driving on them). Got caught in a wicked thunderstorm with driving rain and pools of standing water, and was happy with how the Nox handled in less than perfect conditions. The vehicle I bought had the 19" wheels and I really like how they look (test drove one with 17" wheels, amd I liked the ride in that one as well)

Love the 8 speaker pioneer stereo (get the upgraded stereo if you can - it kicks ass). The difference between the upgraded stereo and the stock stereo are two additional speakers (a center speaker in the front above the center stack and a sub-woofer in the back right-side wheel well). The upgraded stereo also improves the power to 250w (from 80, I believe). So far, I have just listened to FM/XM and a Creative Zen plugged into the Aux jack. All of them sounded great. I plan on copying songs onto a USB stick and trying a Microsoft Zune (some of the documentation says a Zune is supported, some only mention the Ipod) this week.

The steering wheel controls are intuitive and work well to control the majority of the features on the radio. Got the NAV system and I am impressed. I like how it shares the screen with the radio if desired (split screen). A few of the controls are a bit of a reach from the drivers seat without leaning forward, but not to the point that they feel unsafe. The other side of the steering wheel has the controls for the cruise control. Again, very intuitive.

Love the looks - we got the Mocha metallic with the two tone brown/black interior. My daughter (17) thought the red stitching was perfect (My wife and I agree). First trip in the Nox was to Costco for my daughter to get her eye-glasses adjusted. I had coupons for some large bulky items (TP & Paper towels). Space in the rear was adequate without moving the back seat forward or folding it down. The front seats are both very comfortable, and the back seats are some of the most comfortable back seats I have sat in. The LTZ comes with a chrome package, and I liked the chrome accents on the Mocha Metallic. Again, I got the 19" Chrome wheels, and they really complement the vehicle. The interior lights at night are well done and give the Nox a real technical "glow" without being over-done. I love techy stuff, so I was naturally going to to like it, but my wife thought all of the lights were well laid out and had a nice appearance, and her opinion is more main stream.

Popped the hood with a neighbor, and was impressed with the layout. The battery is kind of buried, but there is a large positive terminal (well marked) sticking up from the fuse box that will make it a breeze to connect jumper cables. They provide a "tab" fairly close the the positive terminal for connecting the ground. Not earth shattering, but a testament towards how the design team paid attention to the details.

Honestly, my only complaints are the lack of dual zone environmental (men are from mars...), lack of built-in programmable garage door opener (my wife's Toyota Avalon and my Chrysler T&C both had it), and lack of lumbar support on front passenger seat (my wife said it was one of the best passenger seats she has sat in, but that she would need a lumbar support for longer trips).

I will be doing some towing, so I did get the 3.0l v6. Again, I test drove a 2.4L, and I am happy with both engines. If I wasn't towing, I wouldn't have spent the extra $'s on the 3.0. In three days of city/highway driving (mostly city), I have been averaging just over 20MPG. Far better than the 10-12 I was getting in the van, so I have achieved my goal of increased MPG without sacrificing comfort and a taller vehicle.

I'll be happy to answer any specific questions. The LTZ we got is FULLY loaded with all of the goodies, so ask away.

Oh, BTW, the backup camera on the NAV screen cool, and a definite good thing to have in our neighborhood with lots of little people and pets. It is also handy when backing into parking spaces because it has guide lines that show you exactly where you are going to go based on how the steering wheel is turned. Backing sensors give a subtle warning that speeds up as you get closer to an object.

Finally, The ride is QUIET. The work they put into reducing road noise works. Had a friend riding with me who owns a lexus, and he was impressed with the sound dampening. Nice feature that definitely improves the overall experience.

exgmemployee September 2nd, 2009 5:58 PM

Gonna wait for the GMC Terrain

I am going to replace my 2005 with a new Terrain once they are available. Some more features than the Chevy, and while I love the frontend look of my '05, I can't get past the Malibu look of the new Nox. Much prefer the new GMC look from the front. I expect the main driving difference will be in sacrificing off line power for 32 MPG compared to the 26 I get now. Also my '05 has the undersized gas tank which has always been a pain. They fixed that in '07 I think. The current V6 in my '05 has a fair amount of bottom end torque, and while the new 4 cylinder ones have similar horsepower they will not give the quick bottom end go that I have now.

Moira October 3rd, 2009 5:50 PM

After Market Heated Seats - Canada

Am looking at an LT1, with all the options except heated seats. Dealer says GM has an after market accessory to make the cloth seats heated. Anyone ever hear of this, and any idea what this could cost. the LT1 has the Cargo Mgmt Pkg, Trailer Towing Pkg, Vehicle Interface Pkg, and XM Radio. It's winter 10 months of the year here, so heated seats would be great, just don't know what it'll cost, and how reliable it'll be. Never heard of it as an after market Chev option before. Any help/comments would be great!
Moira

greyghost04 October 13th, 2009 8:03 PM

Snow itch,
What has your mileage been lately?

shawnvw October 14th, 2009 6:49 PM

no such thing as an aftermarket GM accessory. The dealer is hiring an external company to do the job. I am not trying to scare you from getting them though
The aftermarket kits out there work great. The only problem with most newer GM vehicles, is the Passenger Presence system in the RF seat. They have switched to a new style os P.P.S. and if you install an element onto the top of it, you will set false codes and prevent the passenger airbag from deploying.
I'm not 100% sure if this is the case with the 2010's, but if it is, you can have the seat back and bottom on the drivers side, but only the back on the passenger side

Moira October 15th, 2009 7:18 AM

Thanks Shawnvw! I have had only 1 Chev/GM Dealer say that they send their work to an outside company and the cost os about $350/seat Canadian. The other 3 Dealers assured me that the Dealership does this themselves, and those costs range from $775 to $1200 Cdn to do both front seats. No one has mentioned the sensors in the Front Passenger Seat, not the lack of deployment by the air bags.
I have decided to wait until the New Year to order or find a 2010 Equinox. The wait appears be be 3-4 months right now, and there are no incentives, and all Dealers are telling me that Sticker Price is what I'll pay. Perhaps a few weeks down the road, all the rage for having an Equinox will have subsided, and maybe I can pay just above Dealer Price, not Sticker Price.
Thanks again!
Moira