Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox wheels locked up

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2018, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 Equinox wheels locked up

I bought a used 2010 Equinox, 4WD, both front hub assemblies were replaced, only 118,000 miles, everything was good. Long story short, I was parked and a car backed into me, no damage done that we could see, after I drove 30 miles it was as if the transmission was slipping some, went to a store and it wouldn't go in reverse, tried to baby it to get home (30 miles) and the wheels locked up and it almost seemed as if the transmission went out of it, had it towed to a garage, all they wanted to say was it's the transmission. Went to get it to have it towed to the car lot's garage and it was working somewhat, it would go in gear and move, but after about 50 yards the wheels would lock up. All 4 of them. I wasn't able to get it to the garage so wondering if there's something I can do or have another person do to help. I don't want to put a new tranny in it if it's another issue