Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Radio Wire Diagram

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2018, 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Radio Wire Diagram

I'm trying to install a line out converter into my factory radio and cannot find a diagram to the wiring. The ones I have found mention wire colors that are not present. I've tried contacting Chevy as well as Helm, various audio installers, mechanics, etc. with no one able to help. Needless to say, this is quite frustrating. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Below are the wires to my radio.

Last edited by Twithc; August 23rd, 2018 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Mistyped word
Old August 23rd, 2018, 1:08 PM
CF Beginner

Just noticed that is the wrong pic uploaded. Below is the correct picture. For some reason when I spliced originally into the yellow, brown, blue and light blue my A/C, locks, and child lock buttons stopped working, however the child locks would lock and unlock constantly.
Old August 24th, 2018, 12:46 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Twithc
Just noticed that is the wrong pic uploaded. Below is the correct picture. For some reason when I spliced originally into the yellow, brown, blue and light blue my A/C, locks, and child lock buttons stopped working, however the child locks would lock and unlock constantly.
There are two big plugs that go to the factory radio. The plug in this picture is one of the two, but only contains wires going to things unrelated to sound output such as the backup camera and the microphone for bluetooth/OnStar communication. I have attached wiring diagrams that should help you.

Please note that the factory radio already outputs a low level signal (referred to as "LO AUDIO" in the diagrams I've attached). All 2010+ Equinox models have a factory amplifier. Because of this, you won't need a line level (high/speaker level to low/preamp level) converter if you are connecting an aftermarket amp directly to the factory radio. You should be able to connect some RCA patch cables (RCA plug on one end and bare wire on the other) directly to the radio. Be sure to be consistent when making your connections to maintain correct signal polarity. Connect the positive side of the outputs to the tips of the RCA cables and the negative to the outer part. If polarity is inconsistent your stereo will sound bad and bass will be weak because speakers will be cancelling out the output of each other (i.e. when the woofer cone is moving inward on one speaker, but outward at the same time on another speaker).

With all that being said, the factory radio may actually output a speaker level signal if the REMOTE ENABLE SIG output is not connected to the factory amplifier. This is the case with some other GM models, but some testing and/or trial & error will need to be done to confirm this is or is not the case with this specific radio.

2010-Chevrolet-Equinox-sound-system-radio-circuit-1-of-3.pdf
2010-Chevrolet-Equinox-sound-system-radio-circuit-2-of-3.pdf
2010-Chevrolet-Equinox-sound-system-radio-circuit-3-of-3.pdf

Last edited by ruley73; August 24th, 2018 at 12:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jacobee (September 14th, 2020)
Old August 24th, 2018, 5:59 PM
CF Beginner

I don't have any RCA Patch cables, just the standard RCA that came with my amp. So maybe it would just be easier to use the LOC? if so, I'm not sure where I should put it if the wiring behind the radio isn't what I'm looking for.
Old August 25th, 2018, 3:02 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Twithc
I don't have any RCA Patch cables, just the standard RCA that came with my amp. So maybe it would just be easier to use the LOC? if so, I'm not sure where I should put it if the wiring behind the radio isn't what I'm looking for.
Read my previous post again. You may not need the LOC at all. It serves no purpose if the factory radio is already putting out a preamp/low level signal. If you're installing an aftermarket amp, it would be wise to remove the factory amp or at least bypass/remove it.

Also, cut one end of your RCA cord off, and viola - you have patch cables.