Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 Air Conditioning Problems

Old July 18th, 2017, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Air Conditioning Problems

Just bought a 2011 Chevy yesterday, (first time buyer) and it has about 74,000 miles on it. My AC is making a hissing noise and blowing hot air.

Any advice on estimatable cost of repairs or solutions would be great.
Old July 20th, 2017, 9:29 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by RebekahD
Just bought a 2011 Chevy yesterday, (first time buyer) and it has about 74,000 miles on it. My AC is making a hissing noise and blowing hot air.

Any advice on estimatable cost of repairs or solutions would be great.
It needs to be properly diagnosed before anyone on here (or anywhere else for that matter) could provide an accurate estimate.

First and foremost confirm if the A/C compressor is or is not engaging and whether or not the engine cooling fans run when the A/C is turned on. Then troubleshoot further as necessary.
Old July 20th, 2017, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of Freon

My brother in law checked it out for me. He said it was just out of freon with a possible leak. We refilled the freon and put the UV dye in it to ensure that there is no further leakage. The air was only blowing hot.

thank you!
Old July 20th, 2017, 3:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

The uv dye won't prevent leakage, but will be able to detect a leak with a uv light source

Search this Thread