Notices
Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 Equinox Side Impact Sensors (13502577)

Old January 4th, 2019, 8:53 AM
CF Beginner

Exclamation 2011 Equinox Side Impact Sensors (13502577)

My son had an accident in my Equinox and deployed the side airbags only. I have replaced the airbags, had the SDM reset and replaced a locked seat belt. My question is regarding the side impact sensors (13502577). Can these be reused? GM recommends replacing any sensor associated with an airbag deployment. Is there a procedure or test measurement one can run on these to determine if the sensors are good?
Old January 5th, 2019, 5:06 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Jim Jackson View Post
My son had an accident in my Equinox and deployed the side airbags only. I have replaced the airbags, had the SDM reset and replaced a locked seat belt. My question is regarding the side impact sensors (13502577). Can these be reused? GM recommends replacing any sensor associated with an airbag deployment. Is there a procedure or test measurement one can run on these to determine if the sensors are good?
Doubtful. Probably just as much to replace everything like GM says.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: