Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 Equinox class action lawsuit about missing MyLink

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2013, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Equinox class action lawsuit about missing MyLink

Did anyone else purchase a 2012 Equinox thinking they got the MyLink system but didn't? Check this out.

2012 Equinoxes Are Not Shipping With MyLink Infotainment System And Will Not Be Upgradeable | GM Authority

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against GM For MyLink Availability In Chevy Equinox | GM Authority

I'm one of the people who bought a 2012 Equinox and was told by the dealer I had the MyLink infotainment system. They told me that through a later software update I would get a Pandora radio app, A2DP Bluetooth audio capabilities, etc. I even found videos online of a 2012 Equinox MyLink demo. It's the main reason I bought the car.

I've been ignoring the fact that my radio didn't yet have these features since I bought it because I figured car manufacturers are slow in general, and maybe a software update wasn't quite out yet, but I've been checking back every 3 months or so on the Owner's website and only this morning did I really start digging around and found all of this out after still not seeing a software update available. I called my dealer but they were pretty clueless about this and told me I'd have to contact GM directly.

I realize this is a "he said she said" type of thing, but this was what I was told when I purchased the vehicle, and now it seems I really have no recourse. The class action lawsuit is in California, and I'm in Illinois.

Has anyone else dealt with this at all or am I the first one? Hoping someone else has noticed this too. Thanks!
Old February 13th, 2016, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Extremely disappointed feel like I've been duped

Originally Posted by mjbrodeur
Did anyone else purchase a 2012 Equinox thinking they got the MyLink system but didn't? Check this out.

2012 Equinoxes Are Not Shipping With MyLink Infotainment System And Will Not Be Upgradeable | GM Authority

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against GM For MyLink Availability In Chevy Equinox | GM Authority

I'm one of the people who bought a 2012 Equinox and was told by the dealer I had the MyLink infotainment system. They told me that through a later software update I would get a Pandora radio app, A2DP Bluetooth audio capabilities, etc. I even found videos online of a 2012 Equinox MyLink demo. It's the main reason I bought the car.

I've been ignoring the fact that my radio didn't yet have these features since I bought it because I figured car manufacturers are slow in general, and maybe a software update wasn't quite out yet, but I've been checking back every 3 months or so on the Owner's website and only this morning did I really start digging around and found all of this out after still not seeing a software update available. I called my dealer but they were pretty clueless about this and told me I'd have to contact GM directly.

I realize this is a "he said she said" type of thing, but this was what I was told when I purchased the vehicle, and now it seems I really have no recourse. The class action lawsuit is in California, and I'm in Illinois.

Has anyone else dealt with this at all or am I the first one? Hoping someone else has noticed this too. Thanks!
I purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox Lt at the end of 2011. I always do my research and I still have materials to this day dated before the day of purchase saying my link was a part of this vehicle. It was not in the car at the day of purchase, I noticed because Pandora was missing and there was no logo for my link. I asked the salesman and they told me it was coming in an update very soon. So I purchased this car based on the features as I spend a lot of time in my vehicle as well and wanted a good sound system. Just like you I've been getting the runaround from both Chevy and the dealership. First they told me that it was available and l confirmed by paperwork and website, then they told me that there was going to be an update coming in the spring to activate my link because it still wasn't in my car. I patiently waited and continue to contact them. Sometime in the summer maybe Fall I was notified that my car was not eligible for an update ever, and that I would never be able to upgrade my radio unless I wanted to void my warranty.

I have searched the internet far and wide and have only found a class action lawsuit in California as you have. I'm located in New Hampshire. I don't know what to do to get this class action lawsuit spread across country but it is obviously necessary. This is a clear case of false advertising. I've tried to keep as much proof as possible to provide any lawyer if I ever have the opportunity.

You are definitely not alone in this struggle, it seems to be a nation wide issue.

If you have learned anything new about this or know how to make this a larger class action lawsuit please feel free to contact me. It's unacceptable to sell under false pretenses, and it's even worse how the dealership and the company treats their customers especially when it's their fault, and there's proof.
Old March 5th, 2016, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

*Bump* Yes I vaguely recall being told this too. So what happened to the class action lawsuits?
Old September 14th, 2016, 9:53 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Got ripped off too

Yes I too was told and even showed on my window paperwork that the MyLink system would be in my new car. When I asked about it during delivery they said it would be upgraded and even showed me the part in the car computer that says upgrade. Well I still don't have it when that was the main reason reason I upgraded from my Cruz into the equinox.