Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2013 Chevy Equinox Engine Power Reduced and Service Stabili Trak

Old December 15th, 2017, 9:38 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Chevy Equinox Engine Power Reduced and Service Stabili Trak

I have been bringing my 2013 Chevy equinox into the dealer shop since September due to a noise coming from the engine was told the first time after going in after I changed my oil that it just needed a change. The second time in October the noise came back but was very loud went in and they said I might be loosing oil and they filled it up and told me to watch it, there seemed as normal oil use. Today my vehicle had Service Stabili TRak come on, Engine Power Reduced and unable to go over 30 km/hr. I went back to the shop again and they just put oil in it and told me to watch it AGAIN!!! I said I wasn't going anywhere until they find what was happening.
I've now done some research and it seems many people have had the same problems, they say it is serious and needs to be fixed immediately. All had a loud noise coming form the engine and then the same end result. They have a result of throttle body replacement.
Should this be MY fix or should this be on the dealership since I knew something was wrong and they did nothing about it??
HELP!!
Old December 15th, 2017, 7:41 PM
cj1
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The engine noise may be due to low oil level.
The throttle body i believe is a separate issue.

Does the Equinox have an oil condition light.
If so is this used to estimate the oil level in the engine?

"Should this be MY fix or should this be on the dealership since I knew something was wrong and they did nothing about it??"
Physically checking/adding engine oil is owners responsibility.

Service Stabili TRak come on, Engine Power Reduced should have set a error code that the dealership can diagnose.

Search this Thread