Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2013 Chevy Equinox LT Knocking Noise in Rear of Vehicle

Old February 13th, 2017, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Chevy Equinox LT Knocking Noise in Rear of Vehicle

Random knocking noise at start or stop of vehicle. Can't replicate at the dealership. I have brought my car in twice now. The noise persists as of today. It is BEYOND baffling that there are so many complaints for this exact same issue on this board only to hear from the service manager at my dealership (Lou Bachrodt Coconut Creek, FL) that they have called GM and they do not have any record of this? How is this not a recall? Now, on top of this, they are telling me that I am asking for a $700 part replacement because I am out of warranty. Chevy/GM should be recalling this part as I imagine anything to do with a fuel line is a major accident and class action lawsuit just waiting to happen.
Old February 21st, 2017, 9:51 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Samson325,

We're very sorry for this knocking concern you're experiencing with your Equinox, and also for any frustration this situation has caused. Please know that GM has the highest regard for its customers' safety & follows the same guidelines that NHTSA/ODI uses to define what is & what is not a safety-related concern. If you would like an additional layer of assistance as you work with your dealership to resolve this, please feel free to send us a private message.

Best,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 21st, 2017, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like your support. How do I send you a private message?
Old March 1st, 2017, 9:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Samson325
I would like your support. How do I send you a private message?
Thank you for the confirmation, Samson325,

I was able to see that you sent us a message directly. Should you have any additional questions or concerns in the future, we are also available at socialmedia@gm.com.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread