Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   2013 Equinox occasional knocking noise from back end (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/2013-equinox-occasional-knocking-noise-back-end-57479/)

Frog7 December 20th, 2018 3:30 PM

I have the same problem with my 2016 Equinox. I just ignored it for a while thinking it was something in the lift gate.

When I come to a stop sometimes I hear from the back "thump... thump... thump... thumpthumpthumpthumpthump"

I haven't brought it in for service yet, but just recently its started to randomly, when I stop at a light or something, buck forward a little in little jerks. I'll slow down to a full stop and it tries to buck forward a couple times.

I hated this car as soon as I bought it. I could just tell it wouldn't last. What a piece of **** Chevy, you won't ever get my business again. My 05 Jeep Wrangler has almost 200,000 miles and not problem number 1 yet. So its not like its hard to build a decent ****ing car.

rramirez5978 March 20th, 2019 7:33 PM

Recall??

Originally Posted by Frog7 (Post 367915)
I have the same problem with my 2016 Equinox. I just ignored it for a while thinking it was something in the lift gate.

When I come to a stop sometimes I hear from the back "thump... thump... thump... thumpthumpthumpthumpthump"

I haven't brought it in for service yet, but just recently its started to randomly, when I stop at a light or something, buck forward a little in little jerks. I'll slow down to a full stop and it tries to buck forward a couple times.

I hated this car as soon as I bought it. I could just tell it wouldn't last. What a piece of **** Chevy, you won't ever get my business again. My 05 Jeep Wrangler has almost 200,000 miles and not problem number 1 yet. So its not like its hard to build a decent ****ing car.

i’m having the same issue and wondering why this is not a recall. I purchase this car used in June and noticed it for the first time in a couple of months later, then again a few months ago, now over six months after my purchase I can tell it seems a little louder. I’m told a diagnostic for this is $199. Was this something that you all had to Pair diagnostic and repair before? If yes how much did it cost?

Markopat January 18th, 2020 2:19 PM

I have had same issue with 2014 for 3 years!

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 249570)
skilwit,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this knocking noise with your Equinox. The dealership should look into this for at least a diagnosis. If you would like you can private message me your name, VIN, phone number, address, mileage, and the name of your preferred GM dealership, so we can assist you through this concern. Look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service

i would love to get some help with this issue. I bought a new Equinox in May of 2014 from Courtesy Chevrolet and it started having this same issue. They would never hear it when I took it in. Now it is getting worse. More often and lasting longer. I only have 41,800 miles on the vehicle. I can PM you the VIN if that would help. Now that the vehicle is out of Warranty, dealership wants $100 to diagnose and says it is a $1000+ repair.

please help!!!

Mark in AZ

LX_Streetglow May 3rd, 2022 10:56 AM

I know this is an old thread but i'm glad i found it. I've been wracking my brain in trying to figure out what's wrong with our 2013 GMC Terrain with only 69k miles. And this seems to be causing the issue now we're experiencing. The described popping noise is something i've heard from day one when we got our Terrain. I just don't get why when i took it to the dealership 7yrs ago and described to them what i was hearing they said it was nothing and told me to be on my way. Also why GM never sent any notice to owners about this issue. I've lost faith in GM, we've been a GM family for years, in last 10 years we picked up 4 GM vehicles, heck my wife's brothers also work for GM in Canada. Wife was thinking of picking up the EV Equinox next year but seems like it might be time to go back to imports.

Here's the thread that i started back on Terrain Forums regarding the issues now that this AUXILIARY PUMP is causing, of course when i started it i didn't know it was the auxiliary pump. https://www.terrainforum.net/threads...5/#post-329385