Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2014 Equinox lost power on hwy VERY DANGEROUS

Old May 19th, 2015, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2014 Equinox lost power on hwy VERY DANGEROUS

on 275 in Tampa going 75 mph suddenly the dash reads loss of power as you feel the car drastically slow to a crawl , me shouting to my stunned husband "pull over pull over" thank God we were in the left lane as that's where the breakdown lane was. We pulled over the car coasted and died. We barely missed getting rear ended by a semi. After three hours of waiting on the four lane highway we were towed to a Great Chevy dealer in Wesly Chapel to the best service advisors headed by Susan who took amazing care of us,providing a loner,her service advisor Josh even helped us transfer our groceries. Car fixed in two days. Was the Ecm. I do not want to keep this death trap, I am afraid to drive it now. Advice as to best place to sell or trade don't want another Equinox, suffered for years with the last one a 2010 with engine oil problems. Any suggestions welcome it has 17 k miles.