Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2014 Equinox rear power liftgate does not work.

Old March 22nd, 2019, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

a dealer would have to program a new module. that would be a shotgun diagnosis...if you ok taking a chance on a $200 module and $120 programming...go for it. A good shop would charge 1 hour to give you a diagnosis.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I get the taking a chance on my buying a $200 module and installing it and the $120 programming, is what a dealership would charge? As the shop that had the good code reader said he cannot program the module for my car.
Old March 24th, 2019, 8:21 PM
CF Beginner

Update: problem solved. I moved the rubber conduit or whatever it is called that runs connects the liftgate to the car a few times and the power liftgate works again from all 3 sources. Thanks for all your replies.
Old March 24th, 2019, 9:20 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryce Alford
Update: problem solved. I moved the rubber conduit or whatever it is called that runs connects the liftgate to the car a few times and the power liftgate works again from all 3 sources. Thanks for all your replies.
If this is the case, you probably have some damaged wires inside that rubber conduit that need to be repaired. I'm glad it's working again, but don't expect it to keep working very long. At least you found the source of the problem and repairing it should be a cheap fix.
Old March 24th, 2019, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

Yea, I figured there might be some damaged wires inside, I need to research how to get into it without damaging anything. Thanks
Old February 21st, 2020, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

I had a similar problem on my 07 equinox. I would depress the switch but nothing would happen. A similar video to this helped me figure it out:

The latch switch was something like $25 from Amazon. I got an Al Delco OEM part. Anyway, hope it stays working!

Search this Thread