Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2019 Premier Cameras

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2019, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Premier Cameras

I just purchased a 2019 Equinox Premier 2.0L AWD. Had it a week and love it. Still learning how to use all the bells and whisels. I am impressed with the included camera array. I am still trying to figure out which camera views will actually be useful but love having them all.

When dash cams became a thing (a couple years ago) I had to have one which I purchased for $100. At first it was a interesting toy. Then it became an ignored piece of tech. Later it ended up in my console storage bin having never been really used for anything practical. However I do see that having one could be a good idea if there is any accident or the vehcile is damaged or broken into.

What I wonder is why car makers with models featuring multiple cameras add a dash cam feature to the camera system. Add a little in-car data storage or even cloud storage (if the vehicle has wifi) that would cycle, say, 15 minutes of camera capture, at least from the front and back cameras. The cameras are there. Storage is cheap. Why not allow some video capture??
Old July 15th, 2019, 9:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is one Cadillac model that can do this, I think it's the CT6 but it's an option. I'm not seeing other brands do this, might take some time to catch up.