Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

ABS/Wheel speed sensor

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2018, 1:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ABS/Wheel speed sensor

At -35 the wheel speed sensor seemed to crapped out, we had the stability light the ABS light and 4wd lights on, our 2011 equinox 3L . I ordered a new sensor cable and waited for warmer weather, last week we got over freezing so i pulled off the LF wheel and changed the sensor (I bought a scanner that checks the abs and it said LF) I cleared the codes and took it for a drive .As soon as I hit about 25kph the lights came back on, so I put it on the ramp and checked to make sure the plug was ok. When I pulled the plug apart, I cleared the codes but the lights stayed on, Hmmm I went under plugged the cable back in and cleared the codes and the lights stayed off, until I did a test drive and got to 25kph. I have bought a new hub because I hear the reluctor ring inside the hub can break. So as soon as the weather starts to heatup again I am on hold.
Here is the question, if you clear the error codes and they stay off until the speed reaches 25, does that mean that the cables are OK. Because once you unplug that connector to the sensor that error code is immediate
Old March 27th, 2018, 8:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

what is the fault code that is setting?
Old March 28th, 2018, 12:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Dtc

DTC display / 1 C0035-5A
Old March 28th, 2018, 8:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the 5a suffix is for signal rationality. the computer does rationality checks vs the other speed sensors and the result of the LF sensor doesn't jive with what the other sensors are saying...it compares the numbers at speed so hence why the code sets at speed.
the tires are all the same pressures, size, brand and treadwear?
Old April 24th, 2018, 5:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Default the hub (said like The Bears)

So I bought a new hub bearing assembly, $80 and winter finally let go off it's grip on us, so I jacked up the car and was really surprised how easy it was to get everything undone , to remove the old hub. But that is where it all stopped I could not get it to release, so I buttoned it up (20 minutes) and was going to call the garage. Then a friend stopped by and say, oh I can get it off. So I jacked it up and in 15 minutes everything was disassembled and he did exactly what I did, and he got the same results, so I put it a back together and took it to the garage. and they took 2 hour to replace it. They had to use the torch to get it out, my wife only lets me use a torch for tent caterpillars. Because the job, up to getting the hub off is so easy,I would recommend people try to remove it yourself first and save the $200. Oh and don't let them tell you that replacing the sensor cable is a big job, use take off the wheel and a 10 mm socket plus maybe a screw driver to open the clips. If I could do it at -10 anyone can.