Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

AC & Overheating Problems!! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2017, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dvenza
I bought a used 2008 Equinox from a very reputable dealer on January 31st. During this time, while driving, the AC would periodically blow a small amount of hot air but soon correct itself. When it would do this, it would change from recycled air to fresh air and not allow me to change back. Today, while idling, it started blowing really hot air and would only correct itself when I would drive. Also, later in the afternoon, I got the message "ENGINE HOT A/C OFF". I immediately took it up to the dealer when it cooled down. Any idea what all of this is? Does the overheating and the A/C correlate in some way? I'm so confused and mad. I hope this won't cost a fortune! Any help is truly appreciated!!
I know this post is really old, but I have an 08 silverado and it's having the exact same problem as you described with the ac. Just wondering if you ever figured this out.
Old January 10th, 2021, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 equinox

Originally Posted by dvenza
I bought a used 2008 Equinox from a very reputable dealer on January 31st. During this time, while driving, the AC would periodically blow a small amount of hot air but soon correct itself. When it would do this, it would change from recycled air to fresh air and not allow me to change back. Today, while idling, it started blowing really hot air and would only correct itself when I would drive. Also, later in the afternoon, I got the message "ENGINE HOT A/C OFF". I immediately took it up to the dealer when it cooled down. Any idea what all of this is? Does the overheating and the A/C correlate in some way? I'm so confused and mad. I hope this won't cost a fortune! Any help is truly appreciated!!

I have a Chevy equinox that done the same thing you can go to the auto parts store and buy blue devil it is a small bottle that cost about 40 bucks pour it on and it is fixed that's it I can drive 100s of miles and never over hear again
Old January 10th, 2021, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default Any vechicsl

This works for any vehicsl blue devil will fix any car over heating just pour it in your over flow or radiator and it will fix your problem you might want to buy a few bottles because once it becomes more popular it is going to up in price now it cost about 40.00 try it you will love it and it does not mean up your motor
Old January 10th, 2021, 9:46 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Susan Eidson
This works for any vehicsl blue devil will fix any car over heating just pour it in your over flow or radiator and it will fix your problem you might want to buy a few bottles because once it becomes more popular it is going to up in price now it cost about 40.00 try it you will love it and it does not mean up your motor
It won't fix anything if the cooling fans aren't working.
The following users liked this post:
mountainmanjoe (January 10th, 2021)