Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Audio System Won't Work After Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2017, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio System Won't Work After Battery Replacement

Hi Guys,

I was having issue with the battery of my Equinox 2011 LS. I had to jump start it couple of times and yesterday the key got stuck in it. I took it to the mechanic and they replaced the battery and advised me that i had to take it the dealer for the audio system issue. It doesn't work at all. No radio, no CD, No AUX, nothing. It doesn't even show the clock. Any idea what could be the issue?
Old January 5th, 2017, 11:21 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Manpreet Singh Waraich
Hi Guys,

I was having issue with the battery of my Equinox 2011 LS. I had to jump start it couple of times and yesterday the key got stuck in it. I took it to the mechanic and they replaced the battery and advised me that i had to take it the dealer for the audio system issue. It doesn't work at all. No radio, no CD, No AUX, nothing. It doesn't even show the clock. Any idea what could be the issue?
Check for radio-related blown fuses in both fuse panels. If you don't find any blown fuses, pull any radio related fuses and leave them out for a few hours.
Old January 6th, 2017, 1:09 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Does the display on the radio show anything? You may need to put in the password to reset the radio. This is a theft deterrant.
Old January 6th, 2017, 5:43 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Does the display on the radio show anything? You may need to put in the password to reset the radio. This is a theft deterrant.
This is not applicable to the OP's vehicle. The radios in most GM vehicles since about 2002 have the VIN programmed into them. The radio communicates with the BCM. As long as the radio is programmed with the same VIN as the BCM, the radio is allowed to function and will be commanded to power up by the BCM.

There is no password that the owner can set and enter later to unlock it unlike the GM radios from the late1990s/early 2000s that had this feature.
Old September 15th, 2021, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manpreet Singh Waraich
Hi Guys,

this is far too late to help you but might help someone that lands here looking for a solution. Find you let vehicle manual and locate your instrument panel fuse compartment, usually passenger side. With your key set to acc, pull every infotainment system related fuse 1 by 1… start with fuse for rear parking assist module, usually number 11. Car computer systems are ever learning and changing based on the way your car is operating, that isn’t exclusive of diminishing voltage from a dying battery. The computer will learn how to efficiently manage those systems with lessened efficacy of the battery. When applying the new battery, it may very well be a shock to the system. Resetting each system becomes necessary to dull the noise the system is trying to straighten out and lets it think. This strategy has helped me save people a ton of heartache and money, give it a shot, not always the problem but what do you have to lose?
The following users liked this post:
Lima1508 (November 26th, 2022)