Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   Brand new 2019 Equinox 1.5 bad spark plug? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/brand-new-2019-equinox-1-5-bad-spark-plug-93387/)

lhoward31 December 4th, 2018 9:55 AM

Brand new 2019 Equinox 1.5 bad spark plug?

Only had out new 2019 Equinox for about 2 month. Bought it for our daughter, to upgrade her to a car with more "safety" features.
It started to idle rough yesterday and check engine light came on. Took it to dealership and they say its a bad spark plug and ordered one. We are still waiting on word that they received and installed it.

I have NEVER had a issue with any spark plugs on any of our vehicles. Granted, we usually only kept them for up to 8 years or so before trading them in. I have tried to figure out if we had possible issues prior to the rough idling, but its hard to tell if the gas mileage went bad, since the vehicle is new to us and we haven't really paid attention or established a pattern yet about the mileage.

Also hard to tell if it accelerated sluggish. It has less power then our other vehicles, so we might have contributed it to that.

So much for safer vehicle. Has anyone else had this happen? It seems rather strange on a brand new vehicle. Could that have caused damage to other parts that will haunt us? Should we have the other plugs looked at , removed? Maybe a bad brand ? My daughter is going to have to do a lot of driving soon, and I want to make sure this vehicle is not going to keep acting up.

Thanks for any help..

oilcanhenry December 5th, 2018 9:23 AM

Originally Posted by lhoward31 (Post 366914)
Only had out new 2019 Equinox for about 2 month. Bought it for our daughter, to upgrade her to a car with more "safety" features.
It started to idle rough yesterday and check engine light came on. Took it to dealership and they say its a bad spark plug and ordered one. We are still waiting on word that they received and installed it.

I have NEVER had a issue with any spark plugs on any of our vehicles. Granted, we usually only kept them for up to 8 years or so before trading them in. I have tried to figure out if we had possible issues prior to the rough idling, but its hard to tell if the gas mileage went bad, since the vehicle is new to us and we haven't really paid attention or established a pattern yet about the mileage.

Also hard to tell if it accelerated sluggish. It has less power then our other vehicles, so we might have contributed it to that.

So much for safer vehicle. Has anyone else had this happen? It seems rather strange on a brand new vehicle. Could that have caused damage to other parts that will haunt us? Should we have the other plugs looked at , removed? Maybe a bad brand ? My daughter is going to have to do a lot of driving soon, and I want to make sure this vehicle is not going to keep acting up.

Thanks for any help..

If its a Chevy dealership, ACDELCO 41153 Professional; Iridiums in there if they didnt come with them. Yeah plugs are like anything mass produces and some are bad or go bad quick.If they are good you can push them to 100k easy.

lhoward31 December 6th, 2018 9:33 AM

Thank you!

SBchevyfan December 10th, 2018 12:09 PM

If it was a bad plug, might want to see if it was fouled or some other issue that could suggest another problem i.e. a bad plug wire or burning oil.