Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Are car dealers knocking off sticker prices?

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2010, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are car dealers knocking off sticker prices?

I have been trying to purchase an Equinox but have had no luck in getting a good deal. They are not willing to knock any off the sticker price and are offering me less than blue book price for my Van. I have a 2003 Venture Van that is in excellant condition and they only want to give me around $3400. for it. No one has offered more than the blue book price. The dealers tell me that the Equinox is in high demand right now and they don't need to knock off sticker prices to sell them. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone who purchased a 2010 Equinox lately, purchased it below sticker price?
Old June 26th, 2010, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

Just read an article the other day on MSN auto about this...apparently dealers aren't dealing on the most popular CUV's (including the Nox) simply because they are so popular, and also because GM is no longer "overproducing" their vehicles....meaning that supply doesn't always keep up with demand. I got a really good deal on my Nox back in December 09..but that was with the first time GM buyer incentive, and the fact that the sales manager at the dealership is a good friend of my dad. (meaning I got it for just a few hundred over his cost minus the $1k GM incentive)
Old July 9th, 2010, 12:34 AM
CF Beginner

No I have not heard about anyone buying this vehicle below the sticker price. I feel dealers are getting a huge chunk from the sale of the vehicles.