Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Differential and transfer case service

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2018, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential and transfer case service

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me with my 2012 Equinox. I was attempting to service my transfer case and differentials but I ran into some issues. I feel like an idiot for having to ask this but can someone please verify where my transfer case fill/drain plugs are located? I was able to service the rear differential easily and I was also able to service what I thought was the front differential. At this point, I'm not even sure if what I serviced was the front differential or actually the transfer case.

I really don't want to mistakenly drain the transmission so I'd really appreciate some guidance on this. My previous vehicle was a 2001 Jeep Cherokee and it couldn't be easier to differentiate between the differentials and transfer case so I guess I was expecting something similar to that experience. I was wrong.

If anyone out there has a 2012 Equinox LTZ AWD, I'd greatly appreciate some advice or even some pictures of where these things are located. Thanks.