Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Disabling key fob function

Old February 14th, 2018, 12:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disabling key fob function

What would be the easiest way to completely disable all key fob function on a 2013 Equinox? I'd like to make it so that no key fob signal will open the vehicle (at least temporarily) and I have to use my physical key to unlock the door. Something like pulling a fuse so that it could be re-enabled at a later time if I sell the vehicle would be ideal, if possible.
Old February 14th, 2018, 12:36 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Why not just remove the battery from the fob?
Old February 14th, 2018, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because there's been several break ins around here including mine where the doors were definitely locked and the factory alarm armed but there is no sign of forced entry. Someone else posted this same thing recently in the Tahoe section of this forum. They must be using a code grabber or have another programmed/cloned key fob to the vehicle.

I thought to just disable the power locks and use them manually instead but I looked and the lock posts go down into the door when locked as a safety feature so I wouldn't be able to grab them to unlock when inside the vehicle.

Search this Thread