Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Driver Floor Wet

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2013, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Floor Wet

My front floor has been getting soaked. I had water dripping from my interior light and dripping from the hood release handle. After reading online I used an air compressor and blew out the sunroof drain line. I poured water in the sunroof track to test and it seems that worked.

It rained bad yesterday. No water dripping so I thought I was good. However, whenever it rains my speakers go completely out, no door chime sounds or anything. I pulled the carpet back and the padding is soaked again. Where should I look now for this leak. I'm tired of my floor getting wet, causing musty smell, and I'm assuming it's causing my speaker issue. Wet wire maybe???
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd start by pulling the pillar and trim panels off and see if you can see the sunroof drain hose... its possible the hose is split or broken at a point lower in the line since you are no longer seeing from the headliner...

I don't know what year you have but found this bulletin...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Water Leak from the Right Side.pdf (322.5 KB, 2210 views)
Old July 1st, 2014, 4:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by shelbycobra79
My front floor has been getting soaked. I had water dripping from my interior light and dripping from the hood release handle. After reading online I used an air compressor and blew out the sunroof drain line. I poured water in the sunroof track to test and it seems that worked.

It rained bad yesterday. No water dripping so I thought I was good. However, whenever it rains my speakers go completely out, no door chime sounds or anything. I pulled the carpet back and the padding is soaked again. Where should I look now for this leak. I'm tired of my floor getting wet, causing musty smell, and I'm assuming it's causing my speaker issue. Wet wire maybe???
I search the web for a problem of water coming in soaking the floor boards. One tip was make sure the drain holes to sunroof were clear (there are two front corners ones and two rear), there was some debris in the drain hole (front), used a compressor to blow the holes out (just the front ones), but the leak was still bad, coming from the passenger side dash area.

I Found the problem was the sunroof window was loose and not sealing all the way, I pushed up on the sun roof window and tighten the screws up (two on each side on the bottom when sunroof is closed) and leak was gone... 4 gallons of water later.

I did this on a 2008 Chevy Equinox with a sunroof, I hope this helps out, now to get my front door locks and passenger window to work....
Old December 22nd, 2015, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default warren

I have a 2004 Z71 Suburban. Water would soak the drivers side floor carpet. My fix was the door rubber seal that goes along top of doors and down along side of windshield was so packed with dirt that it allowed the water drain in by the bottom of the windshield. There is also another seal on the side of the windshield that will need to be removed and cleaned, I could only remove the door rubber seals as far back as the top of the rear door, is was glued on and didn't need to be removed. I also did the passenger side. After cleaning these rubber seals and armor-all-ing them the leak was gone. Hope this helps.
Old December 30th, 2015, 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

I had the same issue on my 2008 Equinox. If your vehicle has a sunroof, the drain hose that runs down the passenger side roof post (along side the windshield) has separated. It appears Chevy did not make this hose long enough and there is a hose connector that came apart on mine and the water ran down this post, along side the dash and onto the passenger side floor board. Each time it rained I had standing water on that side floor board. To fix this, you need to remove the trim piece that along side the windshield, that's where mine came apart. Hope this helps.