Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

EGR related codes...

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2011, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR related codes...

Hi, new here. Sorry for exposing the situation, but the search system didn't bring up much.

My Mom has a 2006 LT and recently crashed. After repairs, mostly the front body, the vehicle drived OK back from the shop, but the next day the check engine light came up. My Dad took it to a Pep-Boys and see what this was about and it was something about the EGR valve.

I told my Dad to disconnect the battery for a reset and it worked, until the next day. The CEL came back and this time the Equinox was running at limited rpms. Again we checked the codes and these came - P0404, P01626, and V or U 0073. Respectively these are EGR Feedback Signal Out Of Range, Antitheft System Fuel Enable Circuit, and Control Module Comm Bus Off. A clear was done, but the light came back up as soon as he left.

We're guessing the EGR is bad and provoking the other codes. So, we're planning on replacing the EGR valve and hoping this clears the problem. But I came here to see if there are any experiences regarding EGR situations.

Is this the way to go or should we do something else first?
Old November 28th, 2011, 3:22 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum, have you checked the sensors, wiring & connectors, it may be as simple as they forgot to plug something in or broke a wire during the repairs. Dont buy an EGR valve until all the simple stuff is checked. Does this mechanic that fixed it warranty this?

Id check the vacuum lines too, may be a leak or a break somewhere.

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; November 28th, 2011 at 3:33 PM.
Old November 28th, 2011, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if the shop warranties that kind of stuff. But we've been with them for some years, so maybe they can take a look at the wires.

Regarding vacuum lines, I didn't see any connected to the EGR; just the harness and the exhaust connection. And thanks for your comments.

Last edited by Julio Bro!; November 28th, 2011 at 3:42 PM.
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're more than welcome, thats why we are here. If you dont mind reply back if & when you get it figured out. Your posts can help many others.