Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Engine Power Reduced/Service Stabilitrac

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2011, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Power Reduced/Service Stabilitrac

I have a 2007 Chevy Equinox that is showing engine power reduced along with service stabilitrac. I was told to replace the throttle body so I bought a new AC Delco throttle body and replaced it and its still doing the same thing. Now on top of those issues it is now accelerating on its own.
Old March 25th, 2011, 5:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. That sounds dangerous. What were/are the trouble code(s) that led you to the TB diagnosis? How about getting it checked out at the service department? The diagnostic fee is nothing compared to the possible damage you may be incurring?
Old March 25th, 2011, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

I took it to get the check engine light read at autozone and that was the code given to me. I just cant bring myself to pay 100 bucks and then also pay more to replace more parts. the throttle body alone was 200.
Old March 25th, 2011, 9:29 PM
CF Veteran

Well, it's still not too late to get it diagnosed properly. Do you already have 100k miles on the odometer? Otherwise, the 5y/100k powertrain warranty may cover whatever the problem is. I think it covers things like the TB.
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I agree with EinST, use that warranty if you got it....
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:21 PM
CF Beginner

I do not have warranty. I already have 126,000 miles.
Old March 26th, 2011, 1:47 PM
CF Veteran

Well, then, how about the exact trouble code(s) since I often find AutoZone interpretation to be misleading/misheard/misunderstood?
Old September 19th, 2011, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default same thing

i have the same thing with my 08 equinox i just replaced the throttle body. (Autozone was out so i had to go to the dealer) $300 later still same thing. took it to the chevy dealer they erased the codes and the accelerator petal was showing a code now. another 65 dollers for that i hope it works ill post more if it fixes the problem.
Old September 20th, 2011, 2:03 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Fisher1089,
I apologize for this issue. Keep is updated.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 20th, 2011, 3:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Fisher1089,
I apologize for this issue. Keep is updated.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
As CCS SHOULD know this.Call the local dealership with the vin number in hand.Ask to talk to the service manager only.Make very sure that is who you are talking to.Write down his name.Ask him given your info if the are any service bulletins for that problem??.Then verify direct with Chevy on line service,in fact use the direct phone number to talk to them.All along you want to write down who,what,when with each contact.I doubt with a vehicle speeding up on it's own there isn't coverage to this problems.That is not Chevy's history in resolving issues like this.The key here is stand up for yourself.Make that very clear with each contact.

Post what you found out.

Quick Reply: Engine Power Reduced/Service Stabilitrac