Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Engine Power Reduced/Service Stabilitrac

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2011, 12:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i just replaced the accelerator petal and still same codes are showing up. after researching some more i found this article from chevy service itself.

This Bulletin is being revised to add additional diagnostic service information. Please
discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-06-04-019 (Section 06 - Engine/Propulsion
System)
Condition
Some customers may comment on an intermittent MIL/SES light Illuminated with a message
center or an indicator that displays Reduced Engine Power. DTC P2138 - Accelerator Pedal Position
(APP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation may be set. The voltage difference between APP sensor 1 and APP
sensor 2 exceeds a predetermined value for more than a brief period. Refer to DTC P2138 in SI for
further diagnostics.
Cause
On some vehicles, the IP to body harness connector, which carries the APP signal to the ECM/PCM,
is located in the left hand kick panel area or inside the IP. Water intrusion into these areas could
cause an electrical short in the APP circuits setting a P2138 code.
Correction
Note: Make sure that no add-on/aftermarket equipment is electrically connected to the APP signals
or to the other ECM/PCM five volt reference or return lines. These can generate false P2138 and/or
other ETC System DTCs. If there are other engine DTCs besides P2138, such as MAP sensor faults
(i.e. P0107, P0108), resolve these first before attempting to diagnose P2138 DTCs.
Important: Refer to DTC P2138 in SI to confirm that the ETC pedal is operating correctly.
Locate the IP to body harness connector, which may be located in and around the left hand kick
panel area or inside the IP. Check to see if there is a water leak into the area and repair as
necessary. Use a water hose to determine the source of a water leak and effectiveness of repair.

i checked the connections and i dont see any corrosion. my wife did leave the windows down a couple of time and through the night it has rained but i checked the connections and the sensor and there is no corrosion at all. i was also told that a low battery voltage can do the same thing i also checked that i am at 14.7 volts.

after replacing the throttle body and the accelerator petal i now have a high idle. i thought i needed a idle relearn done on my car and apparently there is none. idk what to do. i might just have to take it to the chevy dealer and spend another $100 minimum to have them tell me what is wrong with it. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Old February 21st, 2014, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default I have the same problem

About a year ago my service stabilitrac light and engine power reduced light came on in my 2007 Chevy Equinox. I had it serviced and the auto shop stated that I needed my throttle body replaced. I had this done and shortly after it started again. At that time I had it cleaned and this too only lasted a short while. Again the same lights are on and this time I completely lost power, thankfully I was in a partking lot and that car stopped. I have not driven it since this has happened and can not affort to continue to fix this problem if it only masks the issue and does not resolve it. I have two small childen and live in Illinois where we have large amounts of snow and am afraid of this happening again, even after replacing the parts. Recently, I have also seen the recalls on the Colbalts for what appeared to be similar issues although when I called there was no recall for the Equinox. I have seen that many other Equinox owners are experiencing this problem has anyone found a permanent solution? Thank you so much!

Last edited by Leiaira; February 21st, 2014 at 3:14 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

I too have similar issues with my 2008 Equinox. I cant seem to find any blogs that have said they have found a solution to this problem. Someone please help us find an answer. Chevy, if you are reading this, it would be a great help. We cant afford to have code readings and then repairs that are not correcting the issues. Thank you.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 6:51 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello All,

I do understand how repeated concerns can be frustrating. Unfortunately, since I am not a technician, I am unable to provide technical advice. However, I can reach out to your Chevrolet dealership. If you have been to the dealership please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 5th, 2014, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Throttle body for the 2010 Equinox is not cover any longer. The warranty was discontinued in 2009. We need to have more people complain about this problem-dropping the warranty for what reason. It should be covered. It's funny how they can drop a warranty after so many repairs and complaints 2009 and before. They knew a recall was coming!
Old March 20th, 2019, 12:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default Hello

Originally Posted by fisher1089
i have the same thing with my 08 equinox i just replaced the throttle body. (Autozone was out so i had to go to the dealer) $300 later still same thing. took it to the chevy dealer they erased the codes and the accelerator petal was showing a code now. another 65 dollers for that i hope it works ill post more if it fixes the problem.
did is you find out what was wrong with the car