Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

EQUINOX POWER STEERING

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2015, 5:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you
Old July 17th, 2015, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default equinox power steering

Originally Posted by Equinox Owner
I have an 80 Amp Fuse that is for the 07 Equinox. I have several that I am selling that I purchased from company since dealership could not get it.
What is the cost for this fuse?
Old July 20th, 2015, 2:43 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by slfoxx
What is the cost for this fuse?
The fuse is an 80 amp Mega Fuse made by Littelfuse. The GM part number is 22689708. It is the only fuse that will work for this application (2007-2009 Equinox/Torrent). You should expect to pay around $10-$12 from your local dealership.

The part number for the EPS fuse on 2010+ Equinox/Terrain is GM p/n 15342606 (80 amp Midi Fuse; also made by Littelfuse).

Both of these fuses are rated for 80 amps, but they are not interchangeable because the Mega Fuse is physically much larger than the Midi Fuse.
Old March 29th, 2016, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Power steering

So my power steering has gone out the second time in 1 month. I have replaced the fuse twice as well as the entire motor. What could it be? I have called a dealership locally but they aren't going to help me unless I pay them.
Old March 30th, 2016, 8:53 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Braxton Katis
So my power steering has gone out the second time in 1 month. I have replaced the fuse twice as well as the entire motor. What could it be? I have called a dealership locally but they aren't going to help me unless I pay them.
Need more info. Please answer the following questions:

What year is your Equinox?
Which engine does it have?
Does the power steering fuse keep blowing?
What is the amperage rating of the replacement fuses you've installed?
Old April 23rd, 2016, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Equinox no power steering

I've swapped out the fuse and found that the first one was never bad after later testing. Check engine light and stabilitrak light is on. May or may not be relevant, going about 60mph, steering wheel vibrates.

Should my next step be replacing the motor? If so, which one? I've seen several but was never sure which one was correct for my model.

Or should I do something else?
Old April 23rd, 2016, 8:42 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by mocweems
I've swapped out the fuse and found that the first one was never bad after later testing. Check engine light and stabilitrak light is on. May or may not be relevant, going about 60mph, steering wheel vibrates.

Should my next step be replacing the motor? If so, which one? I've seen several but was never sure which one was correct for my model.

Or should I do something else?
You'll want to get the codes for the the check engine light and Service Stabilitrak messages. Those messages may also be unrelated, but you won't know until you get the codes. The part number is 20824576 for a replacement power steering motor and it fits 2007-2009 Equinox/Torrent.

The vibration at 60 mph may be unrelated, but you should get that checked out. You may just need an alignment, but you might also have some worn out parts like the tie rod ends and/or ball joints.
Old July 17th, 2016, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default Looking for a EPS 80 amp fuse for power steering

Originally Posted by Equinox Owner
I know this post is old but if you know of a person who needs EPS 80 Amp Fuse, I got a couple - I had to purchase several of them from the company since the dealership could not get me the product.
Power steering fuse for a 2007 Chevy Equinox
Old July 17th, 2016, 10:21 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Legrand Neal
Power steering fuse for a 2007 Chevy Equinox
Go to a dealership and ask for part number 22689708. Expect to pay just over $10 for it.
Old August 30th, 2016, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 09 Equinox Sport with the 3.6 motor, my power steering gets hard especially when I'm slowing down to make a turn. So I started noticing that once I accelerate it works fine ( like when the rpm's are above 1000 to 1200) I've replaced the power steering motor/pump and from reading other posts it doesn't sound like the fuse.

Any knowledge or ideas?
Thanks in Advance

Quick Reply: EQUINOX POWER STEERING