Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   Equinox Throttle Position Sensor/Stability Track / Reduce Engine (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/equinox-throttle-position-sensor-stability-track-reduce-engine-30072/)

Chevrolet Customer Service May 19th, 2015 9:45 AM

Hello Richtree7,

We're truly sorry for the negative experience with customer service and the displeasing outcome. You mentioned speaking with a customer care agent regarding your service visit and we'd be more than happy to further discuss this matter if you could send your VIN or case number in a private message.

Also, feel free to check out https://my.chevrolet.com/na-chevrolet/home, to review what is covered and what is not covered under a specific warranty.

Thank you for your time, we look forward to your reply. :)

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care

Jessica Milligan September 14th, 2015 10:11 AM

2005 EQUINOX reduced engine power light & TC light

I have an 05 Equinox and about 2 weeks ago my check engine light, TC and reduced engine power light came on and I immediatley reduced power. Since I had a friend use their scanner and came up with a number of codes and was told it was likely the throttle body. My dad replaced it and still same issue even after trying the relearn procedure per YouTube. I can reverse just fine but when I put in drive Im at a crawl and once I get up to speed I can go 50+ mph but its getting there thats the problem. If I have to come to a stop same thing, slow crawl. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

ruley73 September 14th, 2015 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jessica Milligan (Post 308423)
I have an 05 Equinox and about 2 weeks ago my check engine light, TC and reduced engine power light came on and I immediatley reduced power. Since I had a friend use their scanner and came up with a number of codes and was told it was likely the throttle body. My dad replaced it and still same issue even after trying the relearn procedure per YouTube. I can reverse just fine but when I put in drive Im at a crawl and once I get up to speed I can go 50+ mph but its getting there thats the problem. If I have to come to a stop same thing, slow crawl. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

What were the codes?

Without knowing anything else, it sounds like the transmission is going into Emergency Mode. When this is enabled all shift solenoids are de-energized and fifth gear is the only forward gear that is available, regardless of shifter postion. Park, Neutral, and Reverse are still functional.

This is usually caused by an electrical fault. Check all your fuses and inspect all wiring going to the transmission for damage.

jksmith32 February 12th, 2016 10:01 PM

Pedal position sensor replaced

I had the pedal position sensor replaced. Two days later i started getting the same codes all over again with the Reduced Engine Power and StabilTrak service. I took it back and was told the PPS was not communicating with the Throttle Body and they did a relearn and said it should fix it. Then they said if the engine light came back on i would have to go to the dealership to have a reflash done. If i replace the throttle body myself do i have to go to the dealership for a reflash or is there a relearn that i can do myself. Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

CPmom February 17th, 2016 11:00 AM

2011 Equinox with 53307 miles I experienced revving (rpms) engine, loss of power all of a sudden and couldn't accelerate. Lights lit up on dashboard: Reduced Engine Power- Service Stabilitrak. Thank goodness I was driving in an area that I could stop, turn off car and restart. Can't imagine if I was on a highway or busy street with other traffic. I have a new 16 year old who drives this car too! Took it in to GM dealer and they said I needed a new Throttle Body - $500 fix out of my pocket!
After reading many posts and the reports on the NTSB Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) site this sounds like a common, dangerous issue - needs to be recalled and covered by GM! I have filed a report with NTSB and GM.

Chevrolet Customer Service February 18th, 2016 9:06 AM

Originally Posted by CPmom (Post 316833)
2011 Equinox with 53307 miles I experienced revving (rpms) engine, loss of power all of a sudden and couldn't accelerate. Lights lit up on dashboard: Reduced Engine Power- Service Stabilitrak. Thank goodness I was driving in an area that I could stop, turn off car and restart. Can't imagine if I was on a highway or busy street with other traffic. I have a new 16 year old who drives this car too! Took it in to GM dealer and they said I needed a new Throttle Body - $500 fix out of my pocket!
After reading many posts and the reports on the NTSB Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) site this sounds like a common, dangerous issue - needs to be recalled and covered by GM! I have filed a report with NTSB and GM.

Hello CPmom,

We wouldn’t any customer to experience what you’ve described and do apologize for any inconvenience caused. I certainly understand how frustrating out of pocket expenses can be, especially when it’s unexpected. We’d be more than happy to review this further from our end and contact the dealership for clarification. I see that you’ve already sent us a private message and we will continue assisting from there.

Sincerely,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

silvengosdin@gmail.com June 5th, 2016 3:24 PM

2005 equinox.

Originally Posted by Jessica Milligan (Post 308423)

My 05 is doing the same thing. I also had codes for the tcm and pcm. I replaced those amd engine limp went off and now same symptoms as this. Transmission limp mode. My check engine light and t/c light are on only now. Park reverse neutral are fine. And it sliwly works its way up in drive. I need help bad.

silvengosdin@gmail.com June 5th, 2016 3:38 PM

2005 equinox transmission limp mode

I took my 05 equinox through an automatic car wash a few days ago and it was fine until i left the carwash. It went into engine reduce mode and engine light came on. Also the t/c off light came on. I ran codes for it and tcm ,pcm and couple other codes came up. I replaced the tcm and pedal control module and engine reduce went off. Now only codes p0966 and p0700 come up. My car is fine in park neutral and reverse. When driving its really slow like its stuck in 5th gear. P0966 says low crkt in solenoid b. Can water have gotten into any other sensor. When i drop my gear to L2 it shifts hard to second then goes really slow. I dont wanna keep doing that risking damage. Also to include if im parked and i start up n take off just engime light is on and my trans act fine. Its only up til i stop and take off again that its slow in 5th gear.

srp204 August 18th, 2016 3:29 PM

The first thing is because there are all these fault codes, it is not each item it is the body control module plugs.It takes 5 minutes to get to the BCM, you will see the row of plugs. Pull out the first one, spray both parts with contact cleaner ($6) plug it back in and out a few times and spray again . Repeat this for all the plugs ( I was not able to get the far right plug off so I left it) once you have done all the plugs use some dielectric grease on each fitting and plug them back in. The BCM I'd just under the radio , no tools needed. It has been two months now and things are still working find. Do the simple cheap thing first.

tomwalt August 19th, 2016 9:19 AM

Access to BCM

What year Nox and how did you get to the BCM? I had a problem a couple years ago on my 2007 NOX and couldn't figure the access out. Thanks