Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Equinox Traction Control Problems

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2016, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same issues with my 09 equinox ls awd

I replaced the EGR valve and no such luck. Still at random get traction control disable, abs disabled, stabilitrak disabled, and awd disabled. Well what I am finding is if you can catch it with these Xmas lights all on and have diagnostic run its saying to replace the wheel speed sensors. Now mine says right rear wheel speed sensor. I am ordering the sensor tonight and hopefully it fixes this crap. I will keep y'all posted.
Old February 13th, 2017, 9:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Equinox Stability, ABS, All wheel Drive Failure with Power cut at the start

I am having the same trouble with my 2011 Equinox. Stability track goes off along with ABS and my all wheel drive. Power gets cut for a period of time (I drive around the parking lot till I think it will go - number of loops varies). It does not seem to matter if the vehicle is warm or cold. Just happens on start (the lack of acceleration - ABS, Stabilitytrack, & all wheel drive remain off).

Any recommendations welcome
Old July 10th, 2019, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default My 2014 Chevy Equinox has the same issue

Originally Posted by Marcus Fischer
I am having the same trouble with my 2011 Equinox. Stability track goes off along with ABS and my all wheel drive. Power gets cut for a period of time (I drive around the parking lot till I think it will go - number of loops varies). It does not seem to matter if the vehicle is warm or cold. Just happens on start (the lack of acceleration - ABS, Stabilitytrack, & all wheel drive remain off).

Any recommendations welcome
I have the same issue, going on 3 days on. I get the sluggish movement unless I let the car warm up for 5 minutes, then all the bells and lights do their thing and driving is relatively normal, but with the Traction Control off, ABS off and AWD off.

I haven't had it scanned yet, nor have I read any codes. That's happening today. I have always been a Honda and Toyota person until recently, but my 2012 traverse died after 175k miles (my pilot had 395k miles) because of a bad design on the V6 engines and now I'm having issues with the Equinox at 109k miles.
Old March 8th, 2021, 5:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default years later, song remains the same

I bought my 2008 chevy equinox awd used a few months ago. Same day airbag light came on and has remained. Now after the Texas Winter Storm debacle my vehicle is exhibiting exactly the same problem. This is the last chevy product I will ever own. I'm shocked that it can move under it's own power. Shoddy is the word that comes to mind when I describe the build quality. I don't expect any response and certainly no solution. But buyer beware of anything under the GM umbrella.
Old March 8th, 2021, 6:56 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Haretic Chrst
I bought my 2008 chevy equinox awd used a few months ago. Same day airbag light came on and has remained. Now after the Texas Winter Storm debacle my vehicle is exhibiting exactly the same problem. This is the last chevy product I will ever own. I'm shocked that it can move under it's own power. Shoddy is the word that comes to mind when I describe the build quality. I don't expect any response and certainly no solution. But buyer beware of anything under the GM umbrella.
I think "shoddy" could be used to describe the current state of most 13 year old vehicles with an unknown maintenance/repair history.

Get the codes scanned and go from there. I suspect the airbag light may be caused by a bad passenger presence sensor, but you won't know until it's properly diagnosed by you or a shop.
Old March 8th, 2021, 9:55 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
I think "shoddy" could be used to describe the current state of most 13 year old vehicles with an unknown maintenance/repair history.

Get the codes scanned and go from there. I suspect the airbag light may be caused by a bad passenger presence sensor, but you won't know until it's properly diagnosed by you or a shop.
Thanks, I've looked into the airbag and the passenger seat was the likely culprit but, I bought it with a small inheritance I got when I lost my dad. I've been disabled since 2013, so while I am curious, I can't afford to do anything about it. I should have taken it to a mechanic before paying cash but, hadn't had a car in 10 years. I forgot that the customer is just a sucker.