Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 Chevy Cruz Stabili Trak, Service Traction and ABS lights on after repars

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2018, 6:21 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Chevy Cruz Stabili Trak, Service Traction and ABS lights on after repars

2012 Chevy Cruz taken in after incident of clutch suddenly going out with no prior warnings or problems. Slave cylinder needed replaced as well as the clutch, which mechanic explained seemed the culprit was Slave Cylinder which burnt out the clutch. (Tha clutch was smoking badly when this happened out of the blue). Engine had to be dropped, so repairs and labor not cheap. The business had the car taken for an alignment after their work was done. This place said full alignment not needed, but did some work to get it "within specs', which by the way ended up costing close to full alignment. When Mechanic's place of business returned my vehicle to my home, they said these lights/warnings I listed came on. Took it back to them. Hooked it up to their scanner but it wouldn't pick up anything and was told I have to take to a GM dealer and pay money for them to hook it up because it probably needs a reset. Called GM, price for this is not cheap and not given a set price, just starting out minimal price. Took to another local mechanic, paid their fee which is way less than GM. They got it to read and reset it. Upon leaving there, didn't get too far and the lights all came back on. TUrned around and went back. They recommended taking back to the original mechanic that worked on the vehicle. They believe either wire(s) not hooked up., a loose or pinched wire, or it's something that the alignment business they took it to that did some work to just get it within the specs ,did something on their end that needs to be fixed or needs more work done on their end done so it will reset. Any suggestions?