Fuel consumption 2007-2009 equinox - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Fuel consumption 2007-2009 equinox

Old March 11th, 2018, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fuel consumption 2007-2009 equinox

I recently purchased a 2008 equinox LT with 3.4L engine and done about 146k kms. The car is smooth with no issues. I have treated with gumout high mileage additive when I bought it and 5000kms later. Having driven it for about 3 months I have been getting a mileage of around 13.6 l/100km (17.6 mpg) with a mix of city and highway driving. What are other owners achieving?
Old March 11th, 2018, 10:16 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by David DSa View Post
I recently purchased a 2008 equinox LT with 3.4L engine and done about 146k kms. The car is smooth with no issues. I have treated with gumout high mileage additive when I bought it and 5000kms later. Having driven it for about 3 months I have been getting a mileage of around 13.6 l/100km (17.6 mpg) with a mix of city and highway driving. What are other owners achieving?
We've had our 2007 Equinox since October of 2008 and it currently has almost 178,000 miles. I very rarely use any fuel additives. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've done so. I don't think any of them make much difference in how the engine runs or affects fuel economy. I put in a bottle of Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner for a couple tanks to clean the pickup on the fuel sending unit because the fuel gauge was inaccurate and it worked.

In cool weather (below about 40įF), 17.6 mpg seems about right for mixed driving. Most days we get about 18-19 mpg city and about 22-23 mpg highway. Sometimes it's a bit more. We have achieved as much as 27 mpg on a couple long trips. We always use E10 (10% ethanol) fuel and synthetic 5W30 engine oil. I follow the oil life meter for oil change intervals which are usually around 5500-6000 miles. The engine is usually a half quart low between changes, but I think the engine has a minor leak around the front main seal.

All of my fuel economy numbers are based on actual calculations - not what the DIC (Driver Information Center) tells me I'm getting. The DIC is generally accurate to within 1 mpg, and usually indicates slightly better fuel economy than what I calculate.
Old March 12th, 2018, 6:51 AM
CF Beginner

I used the gumout a few days after I picked up the vehicle Most reviews pit Chevron Techron/ redline as the best fuel system cleaners, havenít been able to find them in 🇨🇦. I found a slight increase in throttle response/ smoothness- enough to make me want to continue using it before every oil change.

the DIC fuel consumption meter does seem to be more optimistic, I use the Fuelly app to record fuel consumption. I would love to see the 27 mpg on my vehicle.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: